Notices

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 21 December 2010

Old 12-21-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 21 December 2010

STOP LIMITING GOD

The principal reason why prayers are not answered is because in our hearts we limit the power of God. The Bible constantly tells us that the people got into trouble because they limited the Holy One. When you say, "There is no way out of my difficulty," what can it possibly mean except that you cannot see a way out? When you say, "It is too late now," what can it possibly mean except that it is too late for you?

When you pray you are turning to the power of God and surely you will admit that God is omnipotent, and therefore nothing can be too difficult, or too late, or too soon for Him. You will surely admit that Infinite Wisdom knows at least more than you do, to put the thing rather mildly. Well, Infinite Wisdom takes action when we pray and so our own limitations do not matter - unless we think they do.

Children often find themselves completely overcome by a difficulty that a grown-up person easily solves. What to the child seems an impossibility is quite easy to his father, and so even our greatest difficulties are simple to God.

Infinite Wisdom knows a beautiful and joyous solution to any dilemma. Do not limit the power of God for good in your life.

...Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? ... (Isiah 50:2)