Notices

lexie cat

Old 12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lexie cat

Has anyone heard from LexieCat lately? I have not seen a post in awhile and from what I can tell she hasn't posted in 6 weeks.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Have not...been wonderin too. Enjoyed readin her posts.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Nope... Come to think of it I haven't.. She's always got something great to post.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She is also very regular...until she wasn't. Lexis...if you read this let us know how you are please!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought I just read a post from her today talking about haunted stuff...don't remember where I was because I click around so much...I am a fidgety clicker. Glad I got that out! Been holding it in a long time.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember Lexie was gearing up for a busy work period? I guess it finally arrived

D
Old 12-18-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good question. Hope all is well and she is just very busy.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

really? I thought I had seen her in the F&F forums far more recently altho' not as much?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, guys, I'm back!

Thanks for thinking of me--nice to know I was missed.

I did have a humongous work project looming, which got postponed for a few months, and still do not have a new date. So it will loom again, although I did get a lot of the preparation done when I was gearing up before, so it should be a bit more manageable when it looms next time.

I did need a bit of a break from all the time I was spending on the forums, though. As great as they are, and as much as I love sharing with all the friends I've made here, it's possible to get carried away. (An alcoholic who gets carried away? What a concept!)

I am happier right now than I've been since I quit drinking. As a lot of you know, my job (which is pretty demanding under the best of circumstances) had become pretty overwhelming, and work conditions (mainly due to my workload--I work with some pretty great people, though I have to deal with some rather unpleasant people outside the workplace) were getting pretty depressing.

Just before I left for my annual Christmas trip to Colorado to see my kiddos, my office announced it was facing the possibility of massive layoffs that would cut up to a quarter of the people doing my job. And they emphasized it would NOT necessarily be done in a "last hired, first fired" way. Given my already crushing workload, the prospect of either being laid off or having to do even MORE work due to the layoffs was distressing, to say the least. Over the holidays, I worked it through, and realized that whatever happens, I can deal with it. Worst case scenario, I get laid off, declare bankruptcy, and let someone else have my house with its foundation problems I can't afford to fix. I realized I won't be homeless or starve, so somehow or other I will deal.

Now, here's the interesting part. Once I accepted, and came to peace with that, I came back home and, out of curiosity, tried to check how close I am to retirement. I didn't think I would be eligible until sometime in mid-2012. Much to my surprise, I can retire with full benefits on December 1 of THIS year. I put in my application, and have started planning what I will do once I go out (I've got a couple of VERY workable ideas). I have a terrific pension (right now, anyway--there are some who are trying to reduce it, so I won't be out of the woods for a few more months in terms of being guaranteed to get what I expect to get), and the people who have retired recently are "clearing" almost the same money they were making while working.

Hokey smokes. It's amazing how seeing light at the end of the tunnel puts you in a whole different frame of mind. My workload hasn't gotten any lighter, but my attitude sure has. Part of what was getting me down was seeing no end to it in sight.

I have a lot to do in the next eleven months, including a couple of the aforesaid looming big projects, and a lot of tax and other planning for what I want to do once I am retired.

I am so grateful that, in spite of some bad financial decisions I've made in the past, I have managed to hang onto the job and to get sober before that was lost to me.

I'll try to check in at least occasionally, without spending the hours and hours on the forum that I used to. Thanks again for all your good thoughts!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad to see you're back and alright. I hope you can do well this year and retire end of the year with no problems. Again, good to see you back!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lexie, that is the beauty of 'letting go' isn't it? It's so hard to do, but when you do, the universe has a way of bringing you what you need.

It sounds like you have a good plan, Lexie!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great to see the update Lexie!!! Wish you well on your retirement plan and I couldn't agree more on how brighter our days have become.

Huggs and please do pop in.....I know I will cutting back my SR time as well to focus on my home life a bit.....but you are such a part of SR that its like seeing a good friend.

Way to go
Old 01-08-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Lexie - and the retirement plan sounds great

D
Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad to hear all is well! Happy new year
Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

I love happy stories

Murray
Old 01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good to see you, (((Lexie))) and prayers going up that your retirement is everything it should be

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-08-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Red face

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
I thought I just read a post from her today talking about haunted stuff...don't remember where I was because I click around so much...I am a fidgety clicker. Glad I got that out! Been holding it in a long time.
Turns out I had the wrong Cat when I said I saw you..it was ZenCat that was talking about haunted stuff...I get the Cats confused!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Happy for you Lexie!!