Notices

Allow me to introduce myself.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Allow me to introduce myself.

Hello everybody,

I stumbled upon this site a mere ten minutes ago as I Googled "finding sober friends," which I find to be an evasive challenge. I truly support this site's cause, so I thought I'd give it a shot in the dark, join, and see what comes out of it. First I'll start by telling you guys a little bit about myself...

I am a 19 year old addict living out of sunny Southern California. As an addict of 4 years, I have gone in and out of addiction a few times in my life; though I must confess I feel my addiction's lingering presence within me always and probably forever.

Most recently, I found myself caught in the grip of a short-lived but keen heroine addiction. I was using heroine daily for a few months, up until four days ago, when I told myself I will once again commit to the sober lifestyle and get my life back on track, as it was getting hard to ignore the fact that it was beginning to spiral out of control. My first few days of withdrawals were absolutely hellish, but my strive to bring back the man I once was kept me on track, and relapse was no option in my eyes. Today is the first day that has been actually looking up for me; I woke this morning with a general feeling of "goodness" as I sensed the withdrawals subsiding, slowly. The first few days I smoked some weed in an effort to help with withdrawals, which it did, but today was my first completely sober day. My birthday, if I may be so bold, into sobriety.

I want to be sober again because when I recall my nineteen years of existence, the happiest days of my life were ones when I was sober.

Well then, I suppose that'll do it for my introduction. I look forward to talking to you guys and getting to know you better!

Cheers.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dubster

Deciding to be clean and sober is a fantastic choice to make at such a young age. Congratulations

You'll find a lot of support here. This really is a great group

You may also be interested in our substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR - hope to see you around
D
Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome.

If you can admit you have a problem, then this is the place to be. Nothin' but positive support around here, and lots of good information and tips on how to become sober.

Read as much as you can, and post as much as you can. I'm finding that the more I do it, the better I feel.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Dubster - Congratulations on getting clean. I'm glad the worst part is behind you and that you're stopping now while you have your whole life ahead of you.

I agree that sobriety is SO much better than letting a substance control our lives. All the best and look forward to hearing more from you!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Dubster Stay Strong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you Dano

D
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of
wealth and taste
I've been around for a long,
long year
Old 12-11-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Dubster!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you found us! Welcome Mister!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. Gettin' good vibes from this place already