Notices

9 days without a drink

Old 12-03-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 days without a drink

This is my first time to do anything like this. Nine days into it I see my whole life has to change! Every part of it! I'm scared & embarrassed. I now have a label that people look down on-alcoholic. But I know things can only get better. I just have to put pride aside & seek help & support. 7
Old 12-03-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Joiner - I am new here. Today is day 1 for me (again). I am scared too, but I'm more scared of what will happen if I don't stop drinking. Hang in there - we can do this!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I love this place.

You are in the right place! No judgments here!

With the help of this group here I am today 61 days sober. You CAN do it too! :ghug3

Tonight, and every Friday, we have a chat meeting here at SR chat, 9PM est...please join us! I think you will like the group.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, Joiner, that's it!

I had to change absolutely everything.

Mia Farrow's wrote her memoir called "What Falls Away". The title intrigued me, but I didn't really get it, at least not until I hit bottom. Then I figured out what falls away is pretty much everything. What was left behind was a beautiful soul that had lost its way. The recovery journey is amazing.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family. Congrats on your nine days. I too had to make huge changes, mostly within myself, but those changes were more than worth it. My life is so much better now, even with the same problems, cause I'm happy and free, no longer chained to a bottle of wine. My health, physical and mental, is so much better and I no longer fear accidents or legal problems or worse...

I'm glad you joined the family.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Joiner

You'll find a lot of support and understanding here - we get it
Congratulations on 9 days!

D
Old 12-04-2010, 01:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Omg. Was that your car? If so, you are SO blessed to be alive! I'm a nurse in the icu. I got drunk and was doing shots(which I never do) and just passed out or fell. Broke 3 teeth & had to go to the hospital where I work for stitches in my chin. I remember very little of it. I work in a smaller hospital. I am SO embarrassed! I never drink or anything when it comes to work. But now.... I have to face these people. At work I am proud to say I am quieter & knowledgeable. I have been there more than 10 years. Now......
Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Two days sober

I keep falling down and every time I need to get up I am embarrassed, humiliated and crestfallen. I hope to get and give strength through this website and outside meetings. Live in the moment and not the past. Living in the past is what gets me down every time.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Ionamarie.

What we may have done is not who we are...

You're absolutely right to focus on living in today

Feel free to start your own thread if you want to
You'll find a lot of support here - we understand

D
Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I, for one, do not "look down" on alcoholics -- especially if they accept it then do something to help themselves (AND loved ones) by seeking support and recovery. I have a great deal of respect for them! Congratulations and I wish you well!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 9 days, that's wonderful! And don't worry about anyone "looking down" on you as an alcoholic...it's a disease that can be treated and kept in check, nothing to be ashamed of. AND you will find that you're in some excellent company! Keep up the good work ~

Stephanie