Grateful for My Program

Old 12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for My Program

Went to a very small meeting last night with 2 newcomers..it really helped me see how far I have come..and I worked really hard for it all too, so I am proud!

My RAD called yesterday..mentioned she is out of money..she has been spending alot on shopping (pretty common from what I hear in early recovery..another compulsion)I didn't lecture, nag , scold or rescue..just said..I guess you'll work when you need money I will not deney her this learning experience.
.She also mentioned she had applied for a job hostessing at a resteraunt that serves alcohol..instead of calling her house mother, freaking myself out, etc. I asked her how she felt working around booze..she feels fine.It's not my recovery..let her peers talk to her about it..or not.Feels really good to be able to step away and let the cards fall where they may.BTW we had a really great Thanksgiving and I saw lots of progress in her recovery..long way to go, but way in the right direction.

My deatching and also requiring respect paid off in another way too. My son was homeless last year..no job, no money, no ambition. Foreced him pout of the nest..he is now working 2 jobs and has saved 7000 dollars.He went out on Black Friday annd bought his dad and I an xBox 360 with Kinect..said we've done so much for him..time we had some fun.WOW.This is a kid who once went to Rite Aid on Christmas Day and bought me a candle.

I have changed and the way they treat me has changed.I am enjoying reaping the benefits of some truly grueling work.I thank my program and all those who have shared in meetings and here on SR.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you and this made me smile soooo big!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You made my heart happy reading your post, dear!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Keep))) - add me to having a BIG smile on my face, and a happy heart after reading your post

You really have come a long way, and it's great to hear how well you're working YOUR program and allowing your daughter to work hers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keepinon, What a wonderful feeling when we work our program and reap the benefits. I'm so happy for you.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 12-03-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keepinon
Reading your post this morning was so uplifting. I hope you know that sharing your story and "virtually" witnessing your growth has helped others (me) and I am thankful that you are here.

gentle hugs
Old 12-03-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow I had alot of spelling errors..typing is not my forte!I really appreciate each of you all so much..thanks for being there!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FGB

Me too, smiling while reading your post!! Yea!!!