Notices

I fell off the boat and need support

Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I fell off the boat and need support

First off, to everyone whom I spoke with q while back, I apologize. And to one person in particular , I disrespected you and I am terribly sorry for that. I've been hammere long enough, I need yo stop! So today is day one..... Ugh..... again.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Mr Serious

It took me years to work out I needed to do something more than what I'd been doing.

I guess the $64 question is what are you going to do different this time? What are you going to try you haven't tried before?

D
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back Mr Serious,

I struggled with maintaining my sobriety for years. I could admit I was an alcoholic for most of my drinking career, but couldn't fully accept it for a long time. I put down the drink and the drug over and over only to pick it back up a month or sometimes as long as a year later. I had to hit a point of complete surrender to be honest enough with myself about the severity of my condition and to have the willingness to truly work a program of recovery. Time and time again I threw in the towel only to pick it back up piece by piece.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Welcome back Mr Serious. I hope this is the last day 1 you'll ever have to have again!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!! Glad you're starting over again. I'm just coming up on a year sober after deciding to quit three years ago. I wasted most of two years trying to moderate and making excuses for my drinking. Glad that's done. I'm so happy with my sober life and I wish the same sober happiness for you.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi MrSerious, right with you today. I seriously fell of the wagon last week myself. Apologies to the Class of November gang for not supporting you.

After several weeks sober and trudging through the winter cold and rain I just walked in to a bar, almost automatically like some sort of robot. There was no emotion (happy, relief, otherwise) at the time. The rest is just a blur.

My problem is that although I know I'm an alcoholic and cannot drink in moderation, I simply don't seem to believe it on whatever deep spiritual level it's going to take.

Still, I made it to another (powerful) AA meeting and have just spent a sleepless night reading 'Under the influence' cover to cover. Beating myself up won't help and something's got to stick eventually.

Good luck, Forwards.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back, MrSerious.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forwards View Post
I just walked in to a bar, almost automatically like some sort of robot. There was no emotion (happy, relief, otherwise) at the time. The rest is just a blur.

My problem is that although I know I'm an alcoholic and cannot drink in moderation, I simply don't seem to believe it on whatever deep spiritual level it's going to take.
Good luck, Forwards.
Oh, God, why is that just like me? Because, we are all the same, alcoholics. All it takes is one little nudge and it's back to the same old routine. Wash, rinse and repeat. I had 3 years, and one night, one innocent drink, and the next day it was back to a bottle a day. Right back where I left off.

Will power alone, for me, won't help. I have some, but not enough. I found a great NA meeting near me, this bunch doesn't pull any punches. They will be there on the phone at 3am if I need them. I can't say enough about these folks.

Find a local group, AA or NA, and get to it. Work on the steps. It's not going to be easy, but, it's your life, and any life is worth living to it's fullest.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back MrSerious, you can do this, you know you can!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Just keep headed in the right direction and never give up on your quest for a better life.