Notices

Looks like a relapse...

Old 11-17-2010, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looks like a relapse...

I had about 40 days and then eased back into it....now I am back to where I don't need to be.....Kids, divorce, drinking...it all gets overwhelming. I know that my drinking is the problem....if only it didn't seem to be the solution all of the time.....

I have the things in place for a better life, it is now just about me making the right decisions....they are harder to make than I thought..............
Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It gets easier, but it takes practice. Good luck to you. You've got the tools, you've just got to put them to work.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For me it didnt get easier by magic...i had to be willing to change and do some work on myself...
Old 11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stopping drinking won't autonatically solve your other problems - but it will give you the clarity and strength to deal with them. Of that I'm certain. The past is the past. Start afresh today with a positive attitude. Be grateful that you have the desire, will and fortitude not to give up! Good luck!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking's not the solution man.
Thats the Big Lie we all swallow at some time.

Solutions solve things - drinking solves nothing.
It doesn't make anything better - or you wouldn't be back, right?

Make a stand and do something different today...reach out and ask for help - whether it's your Dr, a counsellor or a group like AA or SMART.

Change things. Take your life back.
D
Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A while back jhay posted a link to receive Today's Gift from Hazelden. I posted today's below...felt it was appropriate here.

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't we?
--Rose Kennedy

Some of us have been through an awful lot. We have endured pain and hopelessness. Now we have some choices to make. We can allow our pasts to make us feel bad about ourselves or we can sing after the storm. We can feel proud that we are not giving up, we are not willing to be destroyed.

The past won't change, and the bad things won't magically go away. But we can learn to move forward.

We can put the past where it belongs, close enough so we'll never forget, and far enough away so we don't give it all of our attention. The sun doesn't just make rainbows for other people; they're for us too.

Today let me tell myself that it's okay to feel good about myself.

You are reading from the book

Our Best Days by Nancy Hull-Mast

To receive Today's gift register at:
Join our online community -- Hazelden

Carlos
Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Relapse and many of them happen all the time with us. There is no guarantee that any one here will ever not do this, but we have to increase our chances of not relapsing by support groups etc. To try alone is too difficult