Notices

Random Nausea on Day 4?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Random Nausea on Day 4?

For some reason, I can't seem to remember having nausea the last time I successfully came to day 4. Today is another story. It's completely random and on and off. Right now is fine. Is this normal?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

One of the times I quit I was sick with an awful headache for about a week. Complete with nausea. I think it's normal.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Is this normal...

Who knows what is normal when it comes to alcohol and what is does to our bodies and minds. We all probably react a little differently.

Originally Posted by eremc08 View Post
For some reason, I can't seem to remember having nausea the last time I successfully came to day 4.
If you are cycling back and forth--drinking and not drinking--drinking and not drinking--with withdrawals in between, that could be the reason. I read where everytime a drinker (or any addicted person) goes through withdrawals, relapses, then quits again, the withdrawals get more difficult. Maybe the nausea is your body's way of telling you, "Take a drink, that will make you feel better," and lure you back to the bottle.

Resist!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I didn't even think of that. And I think, yet again, that my mother may be trying to sabotage my recovery. My husband asked me, tonight, if I told her I'm trying to stop. I asked him why? ... He said "because she's leaving her wine bottle everywhere you go".. I didn't even realise the wine bottle was right in front of me, along with her half empty glass. Ugh.. Thank goodness I'm not craving it right now!!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never had withdrawal symptoms until the last time I stopped ....then...oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh $HIT!!! I think my body realized I was serious. It said "you think you can give me alcohol for 30 years then just quit? **** YOU I'LL SHOW YOU WHOSE BOSS"!
After four days I went to the doctor and got a sleeping aid, after that everything was fine. You'll be fine just remember this the next time you want to drink.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had it to. I found peppermint tea helped. Hope it eases soon.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would suggest if you are at all worried that you should go to the doctor

I would also suggest asking your mum to be a bit more sensitive. I still don't allow alcohol in the house and I am sober 7 months!!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are many many causes for nausea, both alcohol related and not

If it's been going on a while or you're worried or it's affecting your quality of life go see your Dr, eremc

D
Old 10-29-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can't give you a fair answer about the nausea. I have forgotten how I felt at Day 4. Miserable, probably.

However, I can tell you that ginger can lessen your nausea. If you have some ginger ale or some ginger snaps, those work wonders. If you don't have those, but you have the spice, you can mix some of the spice into water. It doesn't taste good, but it does work. Provided, that is, you're not allergic to ginger (which I'd assume you're not if you have ginger products in your home). I have random bouts of nausea, and I use it all the time.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi erem...congrats on day 4:-) I've also heard it gets worse each time you go through withdrawal...another reason not to drink again:-) anyway...my stomach was messed up for weeks after I quit...i used it to my advatage by associating any naseous feelin with drinking...so if i felt sick...i just thought about how this was caused by drinking...this has been a big help for me down the raoad...but as was pointed out see a doc if you feel its serious.

I really want to smack your mom...I know she has her own addiction to deal with but it makes me mad. I don't know if this helps but my mom also can't deal with my sobriety she's always offering me drinks and asking if im s sure I don't want one. I lived with her for awhile during my drinking days and I can't even imagine trying to quit at the same time...so kudos to you and keep up the good fight!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My stomach was pretty messed up for about a month. After about 30 days I had the worst debilitating, nauseous migraine. Not sure if it was due to withdrawal or just my body learning how to deal with stress without booze.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hey Erem, congrats on day 4. I remember having random headaches, and nausea like I was hung over on and off for about a week. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.
LaFemme - Yes, I want to smack her too! It seems deliberate.. She will never change her ways and probably wants me to be just like her.. alone, miserable, and drinking til I pass out every night. I can't live like that, nor do I want to be like her. I was an unhappy child-teen-adult.. I don't want my kids to feel that way about life.

Anyway, good to know someone else out there has to deal with the same bologna. Almost on day 5 now.. I can't really sleep because I've been watching Halloween movies all night so I took nyquil for my cough.. It should kick in soon Have a good Friday night everyone!!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I *think* Nyquil has alcohol in it....? not sure.

I also remember that you have young kids and this is the time of year when they are back in school sharing germs and bringing them home to mom...

make everybody wash their hands frequently and don't rub your eyes....hope you are feeling better.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm taking Vicks cough and cold and I don't see alcohol on the label...I read the nyquil pill label as well and didn't see any there either...maybe the syrup is different?
Old 10-30-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just read the label i don't see it...but it sez not to take it with alcohol or psychiatric drugs...may cause "excitibility".....or marked drowsiness? that's kind of extreme....either way.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nyquil has 10% alcohol content making it 20 proof. Here is the FDA label and ingredients, scroll way down to inactive ingredients and you'll see it there.
LabelDataPlus - Vicks NyQuil Label Detail
Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am taking "Vicks customcare for cough and cold" they do not list alcohol in the active or inactive ingredients. I did sleep very well...must be the antihistamine.