he is finally gone from my life..

Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

he is finally gone from my life..

So, i posted a couple of weeks ago that my x addict had finally been arrested. I didn't know it at the time of the post but he had beaten up his 75 year old father that day for twenty dollars. He had also walked into a grocery store and stole two cases of beer and walked right out of the store. Meanwhile calling and texting me that he knew where i was and he was coming for me....When i got off work i got a restraining order (had to jump thru some major hoops and have all my past police reports). So since that day his father died. I was ordered by the same judge that signed my order to take our four year old daughter to the funeral for which he waived the restraining order for that day. So i got to sit through a funeral with him all the while telling me how much he loved me and begging me back and telling me now he had noone. This really if nothing else proved to me that he is a complete sociopath with no conscience. Thankfully i will hopefully have at least a year of no contact. His probation will probably get revoked (let's hope) and his whole family can rest for a while. Sorry so long but i had to vent..
Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh..am so sorry the judge forced you to see him How tragic..beating up your 75 yr. old father. Does sound like a sociopath. Really glad you got a restraining order. Hang in there..do you go to alanon? It really helps me.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why was he at the funeral, should he not be in jail. He dad has died now since him beating him up and he is out? What!!! Why in the world would a judge force someone to go to a funeral with a four year old, it just doesn't make any sense.

Rose
Old 10-27-2010, 02:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
it is what it is

i am terribly sorry for the circumstances you had to deal with - there were some shocking things as other commented on - but the very fact that you endured it all is terrible - i am glad there is the possibility of some peace soon for everyone
Old 10-27-2010, 03:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry, you had to go through this experience, wow a judge ordering you to take your daughter to that funeral must have been really hard. Hang in there...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is all very scary. Please keep yourself and your child safe.

gentle hugs
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am confused, Isn't that manslaughter? Why did you have to sit with him?
Is the judge his uncle/aunt?
Why oh why is the justice system so nuts?
What in the name of God did your daughter think of all this?
I hope this jerk is gone for a long time.
I hope the judge gets a brainwave and retires. Obviously not well!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am having a hard time comprehending that the judge who signed the restraining order then ordered you to take your 4 year old to her grandfather's funeral. How did this judge even know grandpa died? The courts do not track this sort of stuff.

Did this judge also order you to sit with your child's father at the funeral, too?

Regardless of what came before, sounds like you finally took off the rose colored glasses and see the situation as it is, not as you want it to be. That's tremendeous progress.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

They do not know why his father died because the family couldn't afford an autopsy. He did not have insurance. He died three weeks after the assault. And the ex told the judge in court that his father had just died the day before and he would like his daughter at the funeral. Honestly i didn't get a chance to say my piece. So i sat down and the deputies brought him in and he sat beside me. I did not want to make a scene at the funeral so i just sat and endured. Glad it's all over now. Just want some peace.... Hope he doesn't get out anytime soon he has alot of new charges so maybe that will keep him. Meantime i finished nursing school so things are looking up for me and the kids. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope he doesn't get out anytime soon he has alot of new charges so maybe that will keep him. Meantime i finished nursing school so things are looking up for me and the kids. Thanks for listening.
Yay! You finished nursing school! Good for you and the kids.
Maybe look into some protection for you and the kids, maybe a move away, and not let him blindside you like this. Something stinks about this whole thing, and believe me, I lived that southern small town crap, I know how it can go so bad for you.
Find someone outside of that county or district to help you. It can be done.

Beth

Yay! another nurse out there! I love nurses!

Last edited by wicked; 10-28-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-28-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ohh a nurse! You can pretty much write your own ticket here in CA..major shortage! I hope they keep him locked up for a good long while!A little prison karma may do him some good.