The connection

Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The connection

I don't know about other people....but when I feel a connection to my higher power, it is palpable. I can feel it. I can feel the connection in my chest and in my mind and it is powerful. There is a calmness.....I guess that is serenity.

I feel that I am always chasing that feeling. I can't seem to hold on to it constantly. I just feel it for short periods of time and I have to really work on it to get it to fill me up.

Does this sound like the ramblings of a crazy woman or does anyone else understand what I'm talking about.

Serenity is my DOC.

gentle hugs
Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear ya, I have the same feelings. I think of them as glimpses....
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

hummm..i am just so calm...and this is a new feeling for me...this is time for me to get use to this within...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
I don't know about other people....but when I feel a connection to my higher power, it is palpable. I can feel it. I can feel the connection in my chest and in my mind and it is powerful. There is a calmness.....I guess that is serenity.

I feel that I am always chasing that feeling. I can't seem to hold on to it constantly. I just feel it for short periods of time and I have to really work on it to get it to fill me up.

Does this sound like the ramblings of a crazy woman or does anyone else understand what I'm talking about.

Serenity is my DOC.

gentle hugs
Yes, I feel the connection when it is there too.

I know ultimately I am always connected to my HP, but there are things in the way. My shortcomings - as mentioned later in the steps - and the moments when I feel the most connected, are moments when I am not in my head doing the ego thing.

They are times when my attention is focused on the divine. Focused within myself to connect with my HP. Soul time. Improving that conscious contact with God as I understand Him.

It feels good -- and I would like to spend more time in conscious contact with my Higher Power.

To extend the momentary moments into longer ones.

I think getting more regular with my meditations will help in this area.

And can only serve to strengthen my awareness that my HP can restore me to sanity...because certainly I have not been able to do it with lasting effects yet. I definitely need HELP.

Powerless over alcohol, addiction, all nouns and pronouns - persons, places, things, and powerless over restoring my own sanity.