Sending Prayers And Love To All In California

Old 10-27-2003, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Sending Prayers And Love To All In California

I know that some of you wonderful members are in Calf. and even if you're not in line with the fires you can't help but be affected.......

Just want you all to know we care...

BE SAFE!
Old 10-27-2003, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for your good thoughts. Yes, SoCal is ablaze and this time it's in all directions and the fires are not relegated to just one area/county.

The saddest part of all of this is that the two largest fires were started by arsonists. So much devastation, and death, because of someone's idea of 'fun'.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup, I saw the devastation on the news last night and saw one to many people in tears because they lost everything, it made me sad! I too am sending out hugs and prayers to those of you and your loved ones in Cali!!!

Sped teach
Old 10-28-2003, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Hugs and blessings to all involved. Don't take chances to save your "stuff" just make sure YOU are safe and OK!!

O59
Old 10-28-2003, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

I received an e-mail from my aunt and uncle yesterday who also lives in Simi Valley. She could see the fires from her bedroom window. As of the time of her email she hadn't been evacuated, but she was preparing. Prayers are going out to them and all the others families involved.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers are pouring out too, and I hope that the rains come very soon.

Such tragedy and so many people affected. I'm sending prayers also for the firefighters who risk their lives and are exhausted by this. May God watch over them too.

Hugs and Prayers
Ann
Old 10-28-2003, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Just a renewed request to keep the good thoughts and prayers coming for the residents and business in SoCal. New flare-ups are continuously happening and the flames are still spreading into nearby communities and once the destruction is complete, the fires are moving on to the next community.

Unfortunately, the rains won't come until it's too late...January, February and even more unfortunate, there won't be any vegetation to hold back the hillsides and there will be massive flooding and mudslides. The weather outlook for the next few days is a cooling trend and the marine layer coming in off the ocean which will hopefully slow down the fires and assist the wonderful firefighters.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Extremity

Thank you all for prayers! We here in the midst of the fires are praying for the firemen and all those that are helping in the wake of this devastation. Two of my sponsors have been evacuated my mother's home is close to danger and my sister-in-law has lost her home to it. Since my own home had lesser fires a couple of months ago, we have a fire break that saves us now. God bless you all for keeping us in your prayers!

Blessed Be Well & Hozho Qatsi
Old 10-29-2003, 12:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I have been following this fire closely in the news. It is so heartbreaking to watch. (((Prayers)) and (((((((HUGS))))) coming your way.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

I live at the beach close to LAX and the fires are still raging all around. My sister lives close to the San Bernadino fires and they are ready to evacuate in a heartbeat if it gets any closer. It is 3:30 California time and it looks like it is 6:00 at night! The skies look cloudy but it is actually smoke blowing in from the fires. Friends in San Diego say it looks like a war ravaged zone. They say we may get a little rain on Friday - we are all praying.