Notices

feeling panicked and freaked out

Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

feeling panicked and freaked out

I am grateful my dad ios alive and that the docs saved him against overwhelming odds. but after my last visit with him and seeing barely able to move, unable to say one word and in great pain, he can nod his head/blink his eyes I am feeling like he is sufferin so much his quality of life maybe should be more important than quantity. I feel guilty actually that I may have pushed too hard? I know I personally would not want to exist like that. They are trying different therapies and whatnot but are unsure how much he will rehabilitate. I never expected to feel this way or for him to be so disabled from the infection. I feel like I am still in shock, my dad had just got his drivers license back after having had a stroke a year ago, he was walking all over with a cane/walker and could walk without it too. He was mentally doing better and everything and then KABOOM! this staph hit and has basically destroyed him. I wish I could calm my mind down. I fel beside myself with pain and stress and worry and the darkest sadness ever. My dad must feel so trapped and so alone, I can't make it down to hospital everyday. it is an hour away, I had a ride today to meet with his care team and the ride fell thru. I feel inadequate cause I can't drive anymore...............i am sooo overwhelmed if I had more energy I would scream til I passed out.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I feel better after answering a few posts and calling the hospital to reschedule appoinment with my dad's care team. They were very undersanding and said we can do a phone conference after lunch. Then if I can visit tonight it all will be alright. Talked to his nurse, she said he is in pain and looks uncomfortable but they are waiting for him to finish dialysis and they will give him something for it. I feel so bad for him......
Old 10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Tammie...

I hope your dad is better today. Prayers going out for him and for you. I do understand...
my mom had septic shock and ecoli, then a heart attack a year later. It is normal for
you to feel scared with so much going on. My heart goes out you)))))
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

best wishes to you and your dad.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((Tammie)))))))))))))))