Handed it over ... and it worked!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Handed it over ... and it worked!

SAW who left me to "find out what she really wanted and find herself", which translates to pursue a relationship with someone else, wanted to come over and discuss finances. I really couldn't face it today and started writing an email to that effect. I decided that I was trying to control the situation and impose my will and I handed it over to my HP.

She just rang to say she was too tired and irritable and wasn't coming over :-)

Sometime God can do what we can do for ourselves.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's so great Yngwie. It's amazing when that happens! I don't do it often enough, though. I was in a similar predicament with my XADFH recently. He called and asked if he could pick up our daughter in the afternoon. I asked if he'd had anything to drink that day. He said no. My gut feeling said there was something not right and I didn't trust he was fully sober. I handed it over to my HP and he ended up calling me around midday saying he wasn't able to pick her up... Let go and Let God....
Old 10-23-2010, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Works every time. Only thing is, sometimes our time is not His time, and we want what we want, NOW.

I just give it to Him, and often have forgotten all about it, when suddenly, whoosh!!!!
Something happens to bring it to mind, as the problem is solved, or done and dusted.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Once we, as codependents, work through our first three steps of our recovery I am constantly amazed to see God's Hand in our lives.

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol, that our lives had become unmanageable.
Step 2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.

Through Alanon we have come to "expect miracles"!

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you!