first break up of first relationship after exabf

Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first break up of first relationship after exabf

so I was dating someone for about 9 months, he moved in a couple months ago, and he decided we are "too different" so he's moving out and it's over.

I'm feeling really triggered. he didnt have any addiction problems, but I feel my codependency kicking in and I feel really depressed and like I will never find someone else again! and i also really feel like talking to my exabf. and im just sad in general i trust again and let someone into my heart and home and I feel awful its over so quickly.

im not sure how to get through this smoothly. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sit with it. This too shall pass.

You have everything you need to complete you, within you.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

My suggestion is to try to remember if there is anything THIS guy said that you may have heard from someone else before. Is there any problem that existed in THIS relationship that existed in prior relationships? Because after I had been through a couple relationships it began to dawn on me, "Hey, where have I heard THIS (about myself) before?" (Awareness) Going through this process allowed me to slowly begin to see ME. Because certainly two or three people couldn't really be saying the same exact thing to me about what I do, when they have never even met eachother before. Look for the lesson in this relationship. Look past the romance, the good times, the bad times, look past it ALL and find the lesson that is right there waiting for you to learn about your SELF. Then, when you think you may have found it, come here or go to Al-Anon, or to therapy, and SHARE it, talk about it, ask for feedback, etc.