ex called and I'm glad he did

Old 10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ex called and I'm glad he did

After not speaking with each other for 5 weeks (remember he wished I had died in a car accident ) he called me at work today.....And no he didn't apologize , just said he never meant it. Anyways I am still not sure why he called....asked if I had gone to a lawyer yet and I said, "no" He then told me his truck probably needed a transmission. Then he told me he had been to a lawyer and I said "yeah that's a choice you can make. So I asked if was wanting money and did he want the house sold now??? He said it didn't matter and then started yelling at me when I asked. "why did you call?" and he threw his cell phone down and I hung up. WOW! that was most convoluted conversation I have had. But I hung up thinking..last time you scream at me....what a jerk. During the conversation when he was asking me how I was etc. I asked if he had thought about quitting drinking yet and hw said why would I???Just reaffirmed the reason I am moving forward. I really hope it is a long time before I have to ever talk to him again. This time he succeeded in making me mad. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Brings back memories, all bad, sounds just like my exabf. So glad I went NC for life!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOL...why he called...um. after 5 weeks you would be over it and things could go back to "not-so normal"????????????
Darnit and you still remembered!
Throw that phone on the floor...that'll teach her!
giggle.
I'll bet you didn't even start crying when he mentioned lawyer.
Darn, that phone call just did not go as planned.
Poor King Baby!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I changed all of my numbers. I think soon I will move.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

And no he didn't apologize , just said he never meant it.

Wait! my XABF said the same!!

I asked if he had thought about quitting drinking yet and hw said why would I???

Wait! my XABF said the same!!

LOL Live... I agree... he was expecting westbank to beg him back! Good translation!! naive would be proud.

westbank: how did you get your anger out ? please get it out. Exercise, hit the pillow against the mattress, draw, hit, punch, destroy something.. just get it out safely ok ??

Storing it inside is no good, believe me!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe Higher Power thought you needed a reminder

sorry, I know it left you with a yukky feeling- been there before.
hugs,
chicory
Old 10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

After he hung up on me:
At first I got upset...then I got mad and called him a "GOOF" I don't think he was expecting me to beg him back. Why would he? Rather I think he wants money for his transmission. I think he is probably quite happy now he can drink without me making him feel bad. I do hope I can stay mad for awhile now as it really felt quite good.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We need Naive in here to interpret that phone call for us!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I still shake my head at a chap who stayed at the homeless men's hostel I was at, when on the phone. His wife obviously, wasn't playing the role he had assigned her, so he threw the mobile phone ar the wall, yelled "that will show you, bitch", at it....and stormed off.

It was HIS mobile phone, and wife heard nothing he said. But he got some weird satisfaction from destroying his own property, as if that was hurting his wife.

Blimey, I have had tons more Alcoholics in my life, in various ways, than I ever imagined.
Hundreds of them in fact.

When we put down all the weird, unusual and wacky behavior from A's, it is amazing we aren't wearing straightjackets. I am not surprised at hearing of depression, sadness and the usual results of being with active users. I am astounded more at just how resilient, brave and determined these same people are, and how they bounce back.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It is what it is

King Baby ahahaha love it!!!! I haven't heard that in a while, not since I last thought of my XABF. And I thought he was the King Baby. Wait! You mean there is more than one? hahaha
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by Live View Post
LOL...Throw that phone on the floor...that'll teach her!
giggle.
I'll bet you didn't even start crying when he mentioned lawyer.
Darn, that phone call just did not go as planned.
Poor King Baby!
now that...^^^^^ MADE MY DAY!!!