Notices

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 9 October 2010

Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 9 October 2010

BULB AND FLOWER

Who has not at some point or other planted a bulb and enjoyed the pleasure of waiting for the plant to appear and develop, and ultimately produce the glorious flower itself? Notice here that you naturally plant the bulb and expect the flower -- the hyacinth or the crocus -- to follow. No sane person would dream of planting the flower and expect a bulb to come up; yet in our general life many of us do just that! We expect to begin with the flower. We think that we shall have desirable states of mind or body -- happiness, freedom, health -- if only we can change outer conditions in some way. Yet this is really trying to plant a flower, because we are trying to put effect before cause.

The law of the universe is thought first, and then expression; and never can this law be reversed.

Let all things be done decently and in order (1 Corinthians 14:40)
Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for these sharings DT. I recently started Sermon On The Mount, and am reading it a second time now

I find the book fascinating and very helpful. I would've never thought of the Bible, and what Jesus taught, as is laid out in the Sermon On The Mount. Truly an eye opener. Hope you keep posting

Love,

jazzz
Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
Thanks for these sharings DT. I recently started Sermon On The Mount, and am reading it a second time now

I find the book fascinating and very helpful. I would've never thought of the Bible, and what Jesus taught, as is laid out in the Sermon On The Mount. Truly an eye opener. Hope you keep posting

Love,

jazzz
Thanks and you're welcome.

Sermon is a lot like the BB in that each time I've read it I find a "new" 25% that I seemingly never read before.

Yer right about how it explains what Jesus taught..... I had 18yrs of Catholic school and 40yrs of Catholic masses and never heard a lot of what's in that book.....or at least I never understood it.