Notices

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 1 October 2010

Old 10-01-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 1 October 2010

GOD, THE DELIVERER

Read Psalm 18

(it says to read Psalm 18 so I'm going to post that first in italics - DT)

1 Blessed is the man who hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the chair of pestilence.
2 But his will is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he shall meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree which is planted near the running waters, which shall bring forth its fruit, in due season. And his leaf shall not fall off: and all whatsoever he shall do shall prosper.
4 Not so the wicked, not so: but like the dust, which the wind driveth from the face of the earth.
5 Therefore the wicked shall not rise again in judgment: nor sinners in the council of the just.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the just: and the way of the wicked shall perish.

Everyone knows today that man's greatest enemy is fear. If you really get rid of fear concerning any danger it has no power to hurt you. It is no mere platitude to say, "There is nothing to fear but fear." If you are afraid about something, read this psalm--carefully and thoughtfully, realizing the spiritual meaning of each verse, and very soon your fear will begin to lessen, and will finally disappear.

The advantage of a written prayer like this is that it makes you think powerful thoughts, and, as you know, it is the right thought that demonstrates. The change brought about in your thinking does the work.

The psalm opens with an affirmation of faith in God. Always begin every prayer by affirming your faith and trust in God: I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

Then you go on to say that God is your rock, and your fortress, and your deliverer, your strength and your buckler. You think of Him as the horn of your salvation and your high tower. The horn is a symbol of plenty, and, of course, a high tower is a safe place. If you hold to your faith in God, it is only a question of time before you will be free and therefore safe.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
it is the right thought that demonstrates. The change brought about in your thinking does the work.
ha....... all-kinds of good readings today. 24hrs was awesome, Daily Ref. was awesome and then Emmet hit another home run.

We act as we think... Hmmmm, I wonder.......I wonder if there's any connection between the troubles we face and the thoughts in our head???