Notices

Paws

Old 09-29-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paws

Triggers for me this time have been:

We'd booked to fly from Australia to Canada and UK on a 6 week visit to see our our elderly parents for a reunion including my family in Canada, then to UK for my husband's parents' 65th Wedding Anniversary on 04/9/10 , my husband's Mum's 92nd birthday on 05/9/10, my 65th birthday on 05/9/10, my husband's 60th birthday on 15/8/10, my husband's Dad's 89th birthday on 19/9/10 and my husband's sister's 51st birthday on 26/9/10.

What actually happened was that my husband, in an unforeseen medical emergency, had to have a triple bypass operation on 28/7/10, 3 days before we were booked to fly out on 31/7/10 ... circumstances quite unforeseen. These were triggers for my last relapse, especially after my husband left on his own to visit his family for 3 weeks after his recuperation. As well, our youngest child moved away to a flat with her fiancee nearer to Sydney city last weekend. All in all, I've been feeling a bit lonesome.

Fortunately my husband is recovering really well, because he didn't have a heart attack (although it was so close) and also because he has been doing everything he needs to regarding diet, drinking and exercise. I am glad that he has been able to visit his family even for this short time, especially as we've now learnt that his father had a minor stroke a few weeks ago, maybe even around the time of all the turmoil surrounding my husband's medical emergency.

I have started a gym club membership wich I attend every 2nd day and I walk at least 45 min. every other day and this helps to keep me focused on my sobriety.
My husband returns from UK on Sat. 02/10/10 and I will join him on his required diet and exercise regime, which will also help me maintain my sobriety.
One day at a time please, dear Lord. Thank you. :Amen
Old 09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your husband will be back in a few days. MSS.

Stick with us when you're feeling lonesome - always something happening here.

Prayers for all your family

D
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oak

:ghug3

I am glad your husband will be back soon.

Exercise helps me so much too. I forget that so often, and then I am amazed at how good I feel when I exercise.