Notices

J's spritual experience

Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

J's spritual experience

a week last monday (13th sept) this is where i spen the afternoon with one of my sponsees after having a drive around the north east highlands of scotland.
we had sat in the car at the waters edge and looked over and discussed her step 8 amends list.
of course she had this from her inventory in step 4 but i asked her to do what my sponsor did with me.put them into 4 columns:- now,later,maybe and never.....at first she had lots in never but she prayed for willingness and had none in the never list by the time we got together.
we then read from half way down page 76 to half way down page 84 together.of course....the promises (and directions )
we got out of the car together and stood on the waters edge.
it was a very dramatic scene...it is in the highlands and there were great big black storm clouds over-head.some little boats on the water.
just then the sun came bursting through the clouds and shone very brightly and very warmly down on us just as my sponsee was saying "its all going to be ok.im going to be alright".
we were in Gods presence thats for sure.
we got back in the car after a few tears and the lady said "my heart feels full"
J had her last drink only on the 12 of august.sofar she has been willing to go to any lengths and she had a sprirtual experience that day.she is now a free woman.the alcohol problem has been removed.
here is the scene.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
094.jpg (57.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 09-24-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

for sharing that awesome experience
and lovely picture.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Awesome Charmie!

Few things better than to see someone light up with the spirit of recovery and the feeling of just knowing their HP is with them.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

great Picture and great experience
a full heart is a great thing
Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is good, very good.

This is great to hear, but, without wishing to be a party pooper, for me, sobriety came from inside, albeit I still believe my alcoholism was taken from me by having a ,'spiritual experience' so, perhaps there's not much room for comment, that you where together, you shared what was obviously a wonderful experience, magic, so long as it endures, thank you, Mike.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

mike i dont get your point?
end of the step 9 promises says
" we will suddenly realise that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves"
this was my sponsees experience that day...as promised.."if we are painstaking etc"
there are lots of promises in the Big Book and if the work is done then that is what we get.that is MY experience.
step 10 promises...
" And we have ceased fightin anything and anyone,even alcohol".......again
my sponsees experience and mine.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I didn't get that either Mike...

Granted, we're ALWAYS in God's presence, He's everywhere, in everything, all the time.... but it's nice to share an experience with someone when you both physically SEE something that reminds you He's here with you.