20 yr old daughter addicted to roxy's

Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 20 yr old daughter addicted to roxy's

hi i have a daughter who is 20 yrs old and has a 1 yr old daughter herself. she is addicted to roxy's and is making alot of wrong choices. she is getting ready to move into a place with some people who snort roxy's all the time. as a mother of 4 i never in a million years thought that i would ever have to worry about something like this( i guess stupid) anyway i am not sure if there is anything i could be doing to make her relieze what she is doing is wrong. she swears up and down that she is not doing them any longer but i know in my gutt that she is. these people that she wants to live with do them daily. as a parent how do you cope or deal with this addiction... she has been arrested with sales of perscription medicane and is still waiting to find out if they are going to proceed with filing charges i thought this would of given her a wake up call and she did good for 3 months but after this past weekend fell off... i am at my wits end and dont know what i can do to get my daughter back.. any thoughts or suggestions are welcome please....
Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hello

I think you mean oxys? My son is addicted and snorts them as well. Its a pain medication and extremely addictive. I have seen my son fall asleep in the middle of typing on the computer. I have found him sleeping on the toilet. He stole everything from everyone. I asked him why he takes them and he said they take away worries and you just float. I said why did you chose that drug especially when you sold crack. He said some people prefer uppers which would be cocaine etc and some prefer downers like oxy. Like any addiction its expensive and you want more and more. I would worry about a young child being in that environment. I would be happy to help you anyway I could. I have had to learn a lot trying save my son from his demons.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had to worry about my grandaughter living with my daugher who gets drunk and fist fights with anyone that's near her. I cannot bear for my grandaughter to be in that kind of environment.

Now she's mostly doing it when she send the child away for the weekend, but then she tried to leave her with me (indefinetly) so she can have "down" time after work and on weekends, while I have NO down time EVAHHH!

I told her I was going to take my grandaughter away from her and demand child support. I'll be damned if I'm going to raise her and SHE be the one receiveing child support from the child's father and act like an ******* while I struggle every day.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would offer to take care of her daughter; your granddaughter. Save the innocent baby, because I don't think you can save your daughter until she is ready. much love.....I will pray
Old 09-20-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Parentneedshelp,
I am glad you found this site, it will help you tremendously. A lot of us here have children that are addicts, and they have children they we worry over. My son is an addict and he has a beautiful daughter that is everything to me. I agree with what Wow said, there is not much you can do to help your daughter, but you can try to save the child from the dangers of living with an addict.
It is heart-wrenching, but you can learn how to save yourself by learning that you can't save your daughter, she has to do that for herself. Please stick around and read all the stickies and learn about detaching with love. You will gain so much from wisdom from all of the wonderful people here.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Welcome from another mom.
Can you get your Grandchild away for your daughter.
You know that your daughter needs
Do anything you have to do to get her treatment is my suggestion.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BTW .. it is roxys..i think they are generic owys.. anyway alanon would be a good place to go. i am getting ready to go 2 a meeting right now.Helps you understand addiction and how you can set boundaries, detatch with love, etc.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

do you mean generic oxys? wow never heard of roxys, basically same as oxy?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Parentneedshelp, I'm sorry your going through this. I know how difficult it is to watch our children hurt themselves. I've been through it with my own son. As sad as this might sound, there isn't anything you can do to stop your daughter from using roxicettes. Only your daughter can decide if she wants to stop or not. As horrible as it sounds your daughter is going to have to learn the hard way for herself. I tried so hard with my son, and he wouldn't listen to me. I chased after my son, and kept marching him into treatment. He wouldn't stop until he was ready to.

He had to get in trouble, and get sick before he finally decided to quit. I am one of the fortunate mothers. I still have my son alive and drug free at this moment. I suffered so much trying to save my son, and it didn't work. Only he could make the decision. Not me. All you can do is pray for your daughter, and hope she figures it out before she winds up in jail, or GOD forbid overdosed. Pray that someone comes into her path that can lead her to a place of recovery. She sounds like she needs treatment. It would be very wise for you to call The Department of Child Services if your daughter is going to move your grandchild into a drug infested house, with alot of other users. I sure hope you get your grandchild with you, before you do something like that. Naranon/Alanon is a great program. It teaches the family of addicts how to cope with the addict, and how to detach with love. Because the addict will run the family into the ground if we let them. You will find alot of love and support at Naranon, and on this site also. I sure hope your daughter makes the right decision and gets some help for herself.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, because I know exactly what your going through, and it isn't pretty.

:ghug3
Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

do you mean generic oxys? wow never heard of roxys, basically same as oxy?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I spelled that wrong..I think they are generic oxys or something very close
Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Roxcicettes are very similar to Oxycontins. The are blue and small, and very very strong. I think they are a bit stronger than Oxy's. But I'm not sure. So don't quote me on this. But I am pretty sure my son told me about the roxys. They are definitely out there. That's for sure.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
work in progress

Yes...unfortunately Roxy's ( Roxcicettes ) are out there.

I am more concerned about her one year old daughter.

I am sorry to hear this news. I would say trust your gut with this one, and see what you can do about getting custody of your granddaughter.

Glad you came here. Welcome to SR.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Roxys

They are now more popular than the Oxys. The government finally required that the Oxys be made with something that causes them to gel in the addicts nose. But the pharmaceutical companies have come to the rescue with roxys that they grind and snort just like the way the Oxys were abused.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
it is what it is

welcome PNH - i am so sorry you are having to deal with a situation like this but you certainly have found a place here at SR that is full of people who understand and are wise, courageous and experienced - listen carefully, learn as much as you can - i am the mother of addicted son who didn't make the decision to get help before he ended up in jail - i am not near as upset about that as i thought i would be because i know if he had stayed out there dancing on the edge he would have eventually fallen off - at least i know at this time that he is safe and sober - but he is the one who has to make it work for him - everything i did to try to help didn't get him to recovery - he will have to find it himself - as others have said there is not much you can do for your daughter until she is ready but your grandchild needs to be out of that environment - focus on her and you - my prayers will be with you, your daughter and your granddaughter
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thank you all so much for your responses.. just knowning I am not the only one out here having to deal with this issue. as far as i am aware the roxy's are like the oxy's just another form... I did get my granddaughter yesterday and she stayed with her other grandmother for the night. my daughter is also married but her husband is currently locked up himself for the next 3 years. So me and the mother in law are going to split the responisablity. My daughter at least still has the understanding that her daughter should not be with her for right now. of course this can change depending on how she feels from minute to minute. I defitently feel better today then i did yesterday when i posted this. Yesterday i had no hope at all today i know that i have to trust in GOD and do alot of praying that he will lead her in the right direction. and like everyone is saying i can not save my daughter but i can save my granddaughter. i am sure i will be a regular on here and will have my good days and bad days. i guess it's true 1 day at a time... never really understood this saying until now... again thank you all for your support and kind words...
Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey there
It's amazing sometimes how much difference one day can make.

I'm another Mom here just wanting to offer my support and understanding. I have a 4 year old grandson (the son of my AS). He lives with his mother who completely cleaned up her act when she found out she was pregnant--that little baby saved her life. It doesn't happen that way for everyone though. I think she was hoping that the baby would save my son too. It didn't work out that way. I'm so glad that your granddaughter has two wonderful grandmothers to help her deal with life in a way that her parents just can't right now.

Try to make today a good one.

gentle hugs
Old 09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you have hope today! You will find lots of people in your shoes at alanon or naranon meetings