Notices

I had no idea

Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had no idea

I didnt know there was a forum for cigarettes. I used to smoke until I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Even after she was born I didnt smoke anymore because I was a freak about second third and certainly first hand smoke hurting her.

Her father still smokes and when he does I make him change his shirt wash his hands and brush his teeth haha or else he cant hold her.

I occasionally do have a drag or two off of one of his cigarettes but for some reason now it makes me so sick. I guess I was kind of lucky in that sense by not getting addicted to them.

I do have a question though, the few times that I do smoke (which is maybe a few drags a month) could this potentially get me addicted, because if thats the case I want to "quit" while its easy.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Why would you play around with it? It's very easy to get hooked again, so why would you take that chance? Smoker or non-smoker...decide which you are and then be that.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very well put. I guess i just smoked every once in a while when I was stressed but it is kinda stupid because I dont even like it.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

It will get you addicted again if you continue. Taking a few drags when you are stressed out is counter-productive anyway as the nicotine will cause more stress. Nicotine is only relaxing to a person already addicted, because it temporarily stops withdrawals, thus relaxing you. Glad you at least had the forethought to bring it up.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a smoking problem too but I will say as a recovering alcoholic......the same method of having sip or two here and there would lead to relapse.

I think the better option now that you have quit successfully is to avoid smoking all together as just a few here and there have sent many friends of mine who were ex-smokers with 5 or more years smoke free right back to buying cartons.

All the best!!