Notices

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 5 September 2010

Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 5 September 2010

The world is not going to the dogs. The human race is not doomed. Civilization is not going to crash. The captain is on the bridge. Humanity is going through a difficult time, but humanity has gone through difficulties many times before in its long history, and has always come through, strengthened and purified.

Do not worry yourself about the universe collapsing. It is not going to collapse, and anyway, that question is non of your business. The captain is on the bridge. If the survival of humanity depended upon you or me, it would be a poor lookout for the Great Enterprise, would it not?

The captain is on the bridge. God is still in business. All that you have to do is to realize the Presence of God where trouble seems to be, to do your nearest duty to the very best of your ability; and to keep an even mind until the story is over

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them
(Psalm 119:165)
Old 09-05-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Do not worry yourself about the universe collapsing. It is not going to collapse, and anyway, that question is non of your business. The captain is on the bridge. If the survival of humanity depended upon you or me, it would be a poor lookout for the Great Enterprise, would it not?

LOLOLOL - just as was making it my business, I hit the part in bold......