Notices

My motivation so far

Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My motivation so far

It has been 2 weeks come tomorrow that I last drank. 2 weeks of sober living. The first few days were hard as I tried to find something to do to replace the "need" to drink.

My wife has been my biggest supporter. I notice that we fight so much less and everything seems better than ever. She tells me all of the time she loves the sober me.

I look forward to bedtime and reading. I've gotten so much more done waking up at a decent time in the morning without a hangover. I'm much more patient and not snappy. I've always worked out, but seem to have twice as much strength and energy as I did while I was drinking.

I don't know if this is something that helps others, but I think about all of these great things and it helps me stay straight. Of course I think about beer from time to time, but I then think about how much easier it is to function through the day.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Thank you for your post. I recall my early days of sobriety. We should think one day at a time to keep sobriety.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your two weeks, abnheel

D
Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

2 weeks! Awesome! Keep moving
The days will get better and better. Although some days will come and knock you on your ass, keep in mind all of the positives that are coming from your sobriety!

Keep busy
xoxo
Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:day6 Keep up the good work and thats wonderful you have a supportive wife...Hang in there.... It gets better and then gets real...Be well, Peter
Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done!

Working out is definately a big motivation for me, too. Looking forward to regaining some of that strength I lost during the past few years of drinking.

To just "stop drinking" is a negative, a subtraction, a loss. I try to think of it in terms of what I gain instead, of all the books I'll be reading, all the weights I'll be lifting and all the music I will be playing... Plus autumn is coming up, with its sweet mix of peace and melancholy. It's always been my favourite season, but during the last few years I seem to have completely missed it.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grtz hun x
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have a great supportive husband who tells me the same things!! Congrats on 2 weeks, that's amazing!!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you on all fronts. I was always able to keep myself looking fit somehow, I was drinking gallons of beer a day for a years and somehow never really gained any weight. But I do enjoy my morning workout routine way more now that I'm sober, and as you stated I can tell theres a lot more energy and strenghth on tap than before.