Notices

I fell down, but I am back.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I fell down, but I am back.

So, after a strong start in July here on my sobriety; I am writing to say let's do this all over again. Fell into a binge that started this past weekend and continued to last night. But, I am recommitted to getting and staying on this sober train. Trying to figure where I went wrong. I was feeling great! Then something whispered in my ear...have a drink....and, here I am. Day off from work. Sick all night. A lost week...

I have a good doctor, she helped me detox before. I still have the same meds...detox here we come again.

I honestly think I need a sponsor, AA, something. Wish my company had an employee assistance program.

Well, thought I would say hey to the group. Pray for me friends, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What was whispering in your ear was your disease. Don't listen..

I think a lot of us are sick and tired of being sick and tired. There is hope you just have to fight for it.

Good Luck
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

So good to see you back!

You know that hearing the 'addict voice' and recognizing it for what it was, was a huge step forward in my recovery. It was an aha moment when I realized that the voice was trying to kill me, so I didn't have to listen to it. I could hear it, and let it go.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hi RunningTheRace, I'm sorry to hear that you answered that dreaded whisper, but I'm so glad you are getting back on track. Start from square one, and go one hour at a time. I am also sick and tired of being sick and tired. Alot of us here are in the same boat. Lets help each other.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back RunningTheRace

D
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, friends! I made it through the day. I am grateful for your support. Around 8:30 tonight that voice started in again. (ABC stores close at 9 here.) But, I prayed and told that voice where it could go and it went. I am happily curled up in bed with laptop and tea thankful for a good day one and praying this is the last time I have to restart my count.
Hugs and words of encouragement and congrats to those of you who are well on your sober journey. That will be me someday!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

You mentioned AA, and that's helped me a lot in my recovery. I definitely recommend checking out a couple meetings and seeing how it goes. Through a combination of AA and SR I haven't felt it necessary to have a drink in over 4 months. Thanks for checking in.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless

Originally Posted by RunningTheRace View Post
So, after a strong start in July here on my sobriety; I am writing to say let's do this all over again. Fell into a binge that started this past weekend and continued to last night. But, I am recommitted to getting and staying on this sober train. Trying to figure where I went wrong. I was feeling great! Then something whispered in my ear...have a drink....and, here I am. Day off from work. Sick all night. A lost week...

I have a good doctor, she helped me detox before. I still have the same meds...detox here we come again.

I honestly think I need a sponsor, AA, something. Wish my company had an employee assistance program.

Well, thought I would say hey to the group. Pray for me friends, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Im in the same boat as you. All we can do is take the first step, and admit we have been defeated again. One day ate a time, you will get there. It happened again, because we are powerless as far as alcohol is concerned.