Notices

Day 1 of No Smoking = Failed!

Old 08-02-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 of No Smoking = Failed!

Day 1 of no smoking was highly unsuccessful. I went 6 hours and then I started to do laundry (I'm behind over ten loads, I swear), and low and behold the dryer is broken. Naturally I start bawling my eyes out and swearing like a sailor, as if it's the end of the world or something. Like back in the day and still in some place they don't go out to a river and wash and then line dry their clothes. To top it all off I went searching in the garbage for a half smoked cigarette, yes nasty, but tasted good at the same time lol. So then I went out and bought a pack. Btw, I'm on day 15 clean of opiates today. I'm going to try again tomorrow, I have to want it!!!!! but i do???? Any suggestions from people who have quit smoking after going clean???? Just keep crying???? throw things? bash eyes out? scream at the top of my lungs, what I have left of them???? thank you

cat if u are reading this, let's start tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So, did the cigarette fix the dryer? LOL.

I am PM'ing you help. Please read it.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just an update: I'm now on day 2 of no smoking, it is sooooo hard, but at least there is no detox. I've been chewing on straws and eating candy/tootsie pops. I'm going to be so clean now, I won't know what to do with myself. Feel free to add any ideas that helped you when you had the urge to smoke, which is 24/7.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Congrats on day 2!
" I went searching in the garbage for a half smoked cigarette, yes nasty"

I can relate... I found a nice meaty but in the same bag I used to clean the litter box. I will not tell what I did with it.

Don't mean to hijack, but....

Anyone interested in attempting a group quite date for support? We can vote whether we should let the original poster in without relapsing (jk). I'll repost this part different thread to see if it attracts some more interest.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I'm on day two. I've chewed tobacco for the last 25 years off and on. On mostly for the last 10. I also smoke cigars, or did. The dr. put me on Welbutrin for two weeks before my quit date which was yesterday, I have not gone twenty minutes without thinking about a dip. Unlike smoking, you can see the damage to the tissue in my mouth. Same damage as smokers, except it's not hidden in the lungs. It is kinda like when I got sober. The thought came, but I just tell myself I don't do it anymore. Good luck with yours. I know it can be done cause I've seen others do it. Again, good luck.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Balou -

Are you at day 7 or so right now? How is it going?

I am so engulfed in my book that it really makes one seriously think of how worthless cigs are. Moving day is four days from now and it will be over for me. I guess the reason I haven't tossed them out yet is because I can do it here - nobody judges me. However, the next place I'm moving to is totally smoke free and I really don't want the new neighbors to view me as that "new girl that smokes outside all the time".

Honestly, I don't even think the people at work know I smoke and they'll be helping me move. I'd go for lunch and have to chew up a piece of gum before getting back so nobody detects smoke on me. I'm tired of this viscous cycle and want to be free.

So this Sunday is the day! I already have my fancy jar awaiting me to add $$ every day that I don't buy a pack of smokes. I think that alone is a real motivation for anyone to quit smoking.