Notices

Smoking Dreams???

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smoking Dreams???

When I went to AA two years ago, I heard other members taking about having 'drinking dreams.' I never had them...

I left smoking behind a week ago. (Today is Day 7) Last night I had a smoking dream! I woke up going 'what the???'

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes I can totally relate. The first 2 weesk I had no probs, but the past couple weeks I have had a couple (2-3) dreams where I woke up thinking I smoked.

Just push them aside and don't worry about them. Its just your mind trying to trick you back into old habits.

Steve
Old 07-27-2010, 11:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I quit smoking 14 January 2010 and yes, after about a month I had a smoking dream... I had drunk quite a bit the night before (still wan't sober), woke up the next morning with this vivid dream and thought I actually had the taste of nicotine in my mouth! Since I had been home and no cigarettes were in the house, there is no way that I could have smoked and forgot.

Have not had a dream like that since!
Good luck on quitting... gosh it is so nice not to be all stinky of smoke and my house smells nice, too!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just had a dream like that last night!! When, I woke up I wanted a cig REAL bad. I had to tell myself that it was only a dream and it was not real. I've only been quit for 3 days. So, you are not the only one! I never had a dream with alcohol thank goodness!!!