Notices

no time for boredom or depression..too much to do,

Old 07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no time for boredom or depression..too much to do,

Hi all, i know from past experience, one of my main triggers i would use for pickin up would like a lot here be boredom and depression, well especially when winter comes round, and all or most outdoor activitys cease, which is gonna take some doin i guess, as jus now have been so enjoying gettin into everythin with gusto..as it were, an gaining a lot of fulfillment in makin an buildin things, so would it be fair to assume the cold dark winters..are going to throw up a lot more triggers and temptations to pick up? also the thought of christmas new year..which were we are is nothin less than a two week all out pee up...pardon my french..am already thinkin of bookin a two week break at this period to avoid..this major awkward time of the year...and protect the drink free life i want to hold onto..my mind is racin and over anticipating..needin to get back in the day at a time mode..jus ventin here,
thanks..for readin.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have something against "g's"? I made it through a holiday sober once, and I do feel for you regarding the cold winter's (that's why I live in Socal). I had a family at the time, and I remember that holiday being the best ever for me, because firstly I remember it, and I remember playing St. Nick, and I remember the holiday gatherings with family and friends. It was probably the best Christmas/New years of my adult life. We celebrated New years, and I was home by 12:30AM, woke up to meet the New Year going for a walk and an early brunch uncrowded and feeling alive knowing that while most other people were still in bed and the "amatuers" were nursing their hangovers in bed, I was starting the New Year right!! I can't wait for this Holiday season to come to feel great and be able to remember the best time of the year!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well on New Year's Eve in my town NA holds a 24 hour meeting, I'm not sure about AA or in your town, however, you may want to check it out, if you go to meetings.
As they say: just worry about making it through today
Old 07-22-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kerbcrawler,

Staying sober between now and Christmas/New Years will give you strength to get through that time. It will give you insight and new tools with which to cope. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

'One day at a time'
Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wasted last Christmas for just about everyone.

I'm actually looking forward to being a functioning member of my family while being mindful of keeping on top my addiction each day at a time.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kerb

I get you're venting....but you have about 20 weeks at least to stay sober in before you hit winter/Christmas/NY...

don't sweat it yet mate....it's like worrying how we'll be at 90, y'know?
it's an entirely fanciful exercise right now

Today's the only day we can do something with...
D
Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kerb, you're right, you pointed out you are putting your emotions in the future. There must have been some autumnal thoughts going on in the present or the very recent past for you to go on that path. Sort of a pre-nostalgia, and then wanting to curl up next to a temptation called Depression. A healthy Now is always important for us.

For Supercrew, I suspect Kerb spells some words the way he speaks them and they don't pronounce the -ing there very much. I used to live in FL and would write that way sometimes when in conversational mode too.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Kerb!!
One day at a time buddy!!! but it's funny you should mention christmas, I was thinking about that time of the year the other day.....hopefully i will be busy with work....cause your right it's a big drunk feast..everyone dropping in to have a drink...I barely remember last christmas....it's a fog.... i know it won't be that way this year!! whatever i do it won't be drinking...by the grace of God!! a spa holiday sounds good??!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I don't venture outside this moment, very often.

And you know....if you think you're going to be bored and drink, you probably will.

If you know you're going to be strong and sober, you probably will.

Glad you are here, Kerb.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks, just a few hours of overthinking..pre..empting the whats and what might be,s.getting to grips with the here and now..one day at a time..is so so important,
needing to stay with it, thanks again alls well..sober and good, have a great day,or night stb..here in uk.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toronto68 View Post
Kerb, you're right, you pointed out you are putting your emotions in the future. There must have been some autumnal thoughts going on in the present or the very recent past for you to go on that path. Sort of a pre-nostalgia, and then wanting to curl up next to a temptation called Depression. A healthy Now is always important for us.

For Supercrew, I suspect Kerb spells some words the way he speaks them and they don't pronounce the -ing there very much. I used to live in FL and would write that way sometimes when in conversational mode too.
I was just funnin with him!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

christmas, summer holidays, easter, birthday,

It doesn't matter. In each of those days are also 24 hours.

One day at a time, sober,
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am 3 weeks today and like you have a tough time with the one day at a time idea. Who knows how we will feel tomorrow let alone 4 months from now at holiday time? Try to slow your mind down and just enjoy your sober days one at a time!!!!! One bit of advice I got from my group leader is that it is ok to be "sober selfish" .. do whatever you have to to protect your health and if that means telling yourself now that you can change your holiday plans that may relieve some of the anxiety!