Notices

Back Once Again

Old 07-22-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Once Again

I hate always ending up back here. Love the people here just hate the fact that i need to be here. Im looking for some advice on medical detox i have quit a few times on my own, but dont think i can do that this time. I dont think im healthy enough to do that. I have never even spent a night in a hospital and i want to know what to expect. Appreciate anyone that has been through it and tell me what to expect.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hello from a fellow buckeye! Do you have a doctor? If so, ask him/her for help in getting safely thru the few days of physical withdrawals. If no doctor you can go to the ER and tell them you're going thru withdrawals and they can give you meds for a few days to help you get thru the w/d. Smart choice getting help. W/d can be dangerous as well as annoying as hell.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi craze - Good for you for deciding to get sober again and for knowing you need help with withdrawals. In addition to what least said (doctor, ER), you might want to call the nearest rehab center and ask them if they do detox. I know some places will let you come in for a couple days and often insurance will pay for it (even if they don't cover a full 30 day program). I'd look into all the options.....

All the best....
Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi craze

I've never been through a supervised detox and I wish I had been. I still have legacies from my last do it yourself job.

You're wise to think about professional help. You've got great advice already on where to go.

The Salvation Army also has detox and rehabilitation programmes in many parts of the US

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

D
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're seeking medical help and support and we are here for you, too.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

detox

Well i ended up going to a detox center for six days and glad i did. Now i am on day eight. Tomorrow will be the first day i will be home all day alone though when my wife goes back to work. The anxiety seems to be the only real problem so far but its kind of scary.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad to have you back, and glad you went for the detox.

The anxiety will pass. Do you have plans for doing something during the day so you aren't at loose ends? Going to a meeting or two, or a project or something to keep you busy and distract you?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

oh, I remember that scary feeling....... Just keep taking it an hour, a minute or a day at a time, whatever works. I'm so glad you got to go to detox - it's not easy for us to reach out for help like that. Good job and keep posting - it really helped keep me company when I didn't know what to do with myself.

Congratulations on your days of sobriety!:ghug3
Old 08-15-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Craze

I spent a lot of time here to fill in those first few days. It's good to remember we're here anyway

D
Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stayed real busy all day and no problems. I feel better than i have in a long time. Made it through day nine but i know i still have a long road ahead. Seeing my new doctor friday. Im going to make this work this time. I cant let myself fall back to how i was. I dont think my body can take it any more.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Buckeye!!! Just take it one minute, hour and day at a time. I think about drinking ALL the time. You have done 9 days, go for the milestone tomorrow and make it 10...You can do it! Who wants to feel crappy anymore
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another buckeye saying WAY TO GO on making nine days sober! And yes, the anxiety does go away.

One day at a time really adds up quickly.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Holy crap! So many Ohioans! (I will NOT call myself a "buckeye" thank you very much) :-D

I'm glad you're here, Craze! I hope you stick around!

-Goat
Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

The anxiety will pass soon enough - but take good notes on how it feels!

I will never drink again because I still remember the anxiety I used to feel. It scares me!

Do the Math: 2 hour buzz followed by 48 hours of sickness and anxiety, what is that worth??
Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I dont get back here nearly as often as i should. This site was a big factor in my sobriety and i thank all of you for the support. I will return the favor however possible with any help and advice i can return. The update is......well was 2 years in august and doing well. As far as the drinking i have handled that better than even i expected. Not to say i never have cravings but nothing i would consider major. Did underestimate when people told me that adjusting to "life" can be a struggle, but feel that is going good as well. Trust me when i say "if i can do it, then each and everyone one of you can as well" Cant promise and easy road but can assure you of one thing...its one heck of a lot better than the road i was on! Going to try and check back in here more regularly so if i can help one person with their journey that would be a plus.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Craze, I am so delighted to hear your update! It gives me hope for my own struggle and journey.
Thank you!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Great story of sobriety. Congrats!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Craze

D