Notices

New member?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool New member?

Not sure Im posting in the right place here? I am from another forum and was banned for posting while intoxicated and offensive posting. ( lesson learned!) This forum is new to me and I find it hard to navigate. The freinds that I did make at other forum I miss dearly! Im starting fresh here and a little about myself- I have been on benzos since 2004, was using alcohol heavily until I started AA meetings. I have had issues with alcohol since I was a teenager and I am now a young 50. I work evenings so it was commonpractice to stop at store on way home and buy some corona and drink until the sun came up. I was not always this bad until I had my shoulder operated on . major damage! Tommorow will be the first day back at the gym in over a year. My downhill spiral started then with opiates and my drinking became a nightly ritual. Thank God the opiates are gone and those wd"s as well. Still the benzos continue and leave me in a constant depressed state but the anziety attacks are too much to handle even during tapering. Must gain total alcohol sobriety before I tackle that monster. Also I am addicted to forums now and I like to post my art and recieve feedback, good or bad, I will upload pics soon but I need to feel this site out first. Sorry this post was so long. swag
Old 07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Swag2)) - Welcome to SR!

There are various forums here, and when I got here I read through a lot of them...I seemed to "fit" on various forums...sigh.

There are a ton of supportive people here, more than willing to walk with you toward the path of recovery. As for your art work, you may want to check out the "cafe" thread...a lot of people post about art, photography, etc.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-18-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can agree with that but have no dogs lol swag
Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

Please feel free to put your art work in the Cafe.

I hope you continue to read and post.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info Amy and the response. swag
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im going to need to install my scanner first but in the meantime Im feeling this out and getting an idea how this works. Totally different from the other forum , I have no way to contact freinds from other forum except for 1 by cell and he is usually busy. This kind of really bums me out , wish I had not insulted the moderators there.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Hi and Welcome!

Please feel free to put your art work in the Cafe.

I hope you continue to read and post.
Anna I tried to reply but link was broken? Im starting to have a good feel for this except I dont know how to use all the features yet. I will check out that cafe in due time, thanks swag
Old 07-18-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sent a PM dont think it went through-let me know?
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Pm meant for impurfect my mistake.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will have no problem sending PM's Swag, you just need 5 posts in order to send a PM.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant by you tried to reply but the link was broken.

Here are some basic instructions on posting, but I think you're doing fine:

To create a new post:
Select the Forum you wish to post on.
Click on the Forum title.
As your looking at the threads listings, there's a button on the top left that says “New Thread”
Click that, and a message window opens.
Enter a title for your post, then enter your message in the large blank box.
Underneath that box and to the left is a button that says “Submit New Thread”.
Click Submit New Thread and your post will be listed.

If you want to reply in and existing thread;
Select the thread you want to reply to.
In the top or bottom left corner there is a button that says “Post Reply”
Click the Post Reply button
Enter your reply just as if you are posting a new thread, (it is not necessary to enter a title)
Then click Submit Reply, (bottom left button again) and your reply will be added to the thread.

You can also use the quick reply window on the bottom of each thread if you are only going to enter text or quotes.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR swag2

D
Old 07-18-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Okay Anna I think Im getting the feel of it. I did also manage to send a PM, I sent a 2nd one but it gave a recipient not found error message. It was a reply to the 1st PM. How does the staff feel about my being banned from other forum ? My wife got involved and it was chaos. Im fly solo with this forum and any negative feedback or lashings at me are going to my sticks and stones file ( joking) seriously though I dont want any trouble . only good clean conversation and helpfull insight to my addiction/s and if I in return can help I will be more than happy. One thing made me feel good last week. I found a coworker in the final stage of heat stroke , he was incoherent could not move and turning pale. I was able to get him inside and got some floods and ice until the emts arived. That was the ONLY thing good I felt last week. Last I heard he was ok. Im hoping for a better week tommorow! swag
Old 07-18-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, swag. Welcome to SR!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Could you be more specific , Im not too keen on riddles , I just like straight feedback..swag
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((Swag)) - I think you learned a good lesson (as you said) at the other forum. I've checked out a few forums, lurked on this one for a YEAR before I finally joined in and can honestly say that the people here have had a HUGE part in keeping me clean and sane for the last 3+ years.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can only speak for myself but I can only judge you on your behaviour here Swag.

It's the only fair way to go about it.

Leave whatever happened behind - just stay focused on what you're here for and all should be well

D
Old 07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Message recieved

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Yes I need to let that baggage go! I still miss my freinds over there but only a select few. Many tried to give good advice , stern advice and at times I saw it as agression. My mind is more open now and I leave my feelings in another place while I am online. Thanks for not judging me yhere and only my actions here, I no longer wish to rant anyway, I can save that for the gym. swag
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear

no need to hit the quote button unless you want to quote a particular post either...
It's just like Anna set out above

D
Old 07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, as Dee said, it's your behaviour here that we will care about, so hopefully lesson learned and you can move forward.