Did something for myself again yesterday

Old 07-18-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did something for myself again yesterday

Went out w/ my mom to Ulta yesterday before work w/ the intention of getting shampoo and conditioner. Ended up getting my eyebrows waxed, my makeup done and buying myself a mass amount of makeup. All of which made me feel good about myself. I spent $230. But it was a LONG time coming after spending so much money on my ex for the past year and a half trying to show him i was proud of him for how far he'd "supposedly" come.

Still wondering if, when he hits rock bottom (if that's ever the case w/ him) if he'll call of if i've lost him for good.

From the sounds of his e-mail he sent me this past wednesday night, saything things like "I just wanted to love you, and snuggle you. See you never" and "calling the cops 4 times is 4 times too many", I've lost him for good. Pretty sure he'd been whacked out and manic since the beginning of the month though. So his harsh words, I know, are a result of his drug use in conjunction w/ his bipolar.

Still missing him alot. But it's getting slightly easier.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Glad you enjoyed your day!

Now, how about not reading those emails? What good does this do for you? When it's over, it's over, now get on with your life!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Teenie)))

It will continue to get easier, I promise. Dolly's right though... those emails are doing nothing but hurting you. Part of putting yourself first is not subjecting yourself to anything that is hurtful and non productive.

Just keep taking it one day at a time. Keep moving forward, and I know you'll be glad you did.

Something else I wanted to mention... I know you are worried about losing him for good. But what if you worrying about the situation with him is keeping you from meeting Mr. Right somehow? Or from noticing him, if you already know him? You deserve someone who will always treat you with respect, not just when it's convenient for them.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teenie View Post
So his harsh words, I know, are a result of his drug use in conjunction w/ his bipolar.

Still missing him alot. But it's getting slightly easier.
Kudos on taking care of yourself. Now only if there was some type of no addict thought zapper to buy there then I would have right up there with you! LOL.

Seriously though, are you really missing those harsh words? Those mood swings that come with being a self medicated bi-polar?

It does get easier and easier with time. Hang in there and keep doing those nice things for yourself.

Now, Any clues on where I can find that no addict thought zapper? Oh yeah, it's within me.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Teenie

Yay, I am proud of you!!

Just wait, living life can be so wonderful -- you are only beginning to experience it.