Notices

hurt feelings...

Old 07-11-2010, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hurt feelings...

my girlfriend called me up in the middle of the night, very drunk, kind of euforic.
She said that am boring, I need to get out more, be more social.

I work 36 hours per week, I work out 3 or 4 times per week, Iīve got her and i got 2 friends that I have known the past 8 years or so..furthermore it has been about six months that Iīve come to live in a different city.

I do fitness, and boxing. I like to going to hiphop shows, camping, cinemaīs, bowling, gaming, I read a book once in a while, I like to go to the woods, the beach, etc. I just like talking about stuff, I like playing board games, I love swimming..

I just donīt like hanging around in bars getting pissed, now thatīs boring!

She hurt my feelings tough. I takes a lot of effort to stay true and clean, and if I hadnt changed my lifestyle years back I would eating out of a garbage can.

Shes proberly hung over now, big chance she has forgotten what she said.
So iīm gonna do the same. If iīm not good enough she just has to take some other guy to do with what she needs to do....

I really need to learn how to get to let this kinda stuff go! So thatīs my goal for today.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why don't you let her go? Change your number and move on.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

im not letting her go...im just gonna stay true to myself...if she goes, it'll be her choice. And then it'll ben a lot easier for me to move on knowing I gave it my all. I read about a buddhist guy with kinda a similar girlfriend (moodswings, drunk, wild). His choice was to stay calm, and not go 'into' these moodswings etc. She mocked him at first, and for a couple of times they almost broke up, but now she's a lot calmer, and kinda into buddhism herself.

This story really inspired me to keep my cool.

Allready receveid a text message from her, about an hour after I woke up. She was 'joking' and I'm not boring., and she loves me. Just as I thought, she was pretty drunk last night.

For today, I will practise to stay calm and peacefull no matter my surroundings...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

Nice to see someone who doesn't just give up on their significant other for an off night. Relationships like sobriety take a lot of work sometimes. But one does make the other easier for sure.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

agreed....my sobriety is a part of my relationship and visa versa....
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coming_clean View Post
my girlfriend called me up in the middle of the night, very drunk, kind of euforic.
She said that am boring, I need to get out more, be more social.

I work 36 hours per week, I work out 3 or 4 times per week, Iīve got her and i got 2 friends that I have known the past 8 years or so..furthermore it has been about six months that Iīve come to live in a different city.

I do fitness, and boxing. I like to going to hiphop shows, camping, cinemaīs, bowling, gaming, I read a book once in a while, I like to go to the woods, the beach, etc. I just like talking about stuff, I like playing board games, I love swimming..

I just donīt like hanging around in bars getting pissed, now thatīs boring!

She hurt my feelings tough. I takes a lot of effort to stay true and clean, and if I hadnt changed my lifestyle years back I would eating out of a garbage can.

Shes proberly hung over now, big chance she has forgotten what she said.
So iīm gonna do the same. If iīm not good enough she just has to take some other guy to do with what she needs to do....

I really need to learn how to get to let this kinda stuff go! So thatīs my goal for today.
Dude
you cant control everything, i tried that, do your best and keep being yourself, and relax. Try the serenity prayer- works for me....anyway
just me. Hope you have a great day, i plan to- will see what happens.....
dub
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You sound like a nice guy and you do lots of things far from Boring.
Remember that
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

Honestly, I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who made hurtful drunken phone calls to me. No more toxicity!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks jaffapoppy

@anvilhead. i am 26 now, but I found going out to bars and clubs boring allready at 16, I can't wrap my head around it that people actually do this every week again 2 a 3 times per week. I'd rather go to a concert or show to see an artist perform...

As to the relationship, i'm NOT going to drink to get us closer or to have more fun or watever. I've actually tried that a few times for her, but I always have terrible hangovers (I just want to crawl in a corner and die) I don't like myself when I'm drunk. I get shy, introvert and passive (true addict, doing/using everthing just to block all emotions out!!!), and I really don't like to pay top bill for this akwardness/short term hang-over depression.

So i'm just not gonna change, and I surely don't need a partner that is drunk very often (she is not luckily, about once per month maybe). I'll see what happens....really don't know at the moment.