Notices

SO Glad to be sober.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Idiot!

SO Glad to be sober.

Just having a quiet morning with a clear head.

Watching some chat show here in the UK where they occasionally disguise their blatant victimisation of people with problems as "therapy".

Couple of brother alkies at different stages of their conditions - heartbreaking watching them, remembering the exact same feelings, justifications and denial of the facts.

Then I realised that I was not at that place any more. Whilst I am sad for them and truly wish I could help - I couldn't help feeling really really gratefull that I have not had alcohol and don't intend to have any, any time soon.

SO glad to be sober.

Thanks friends!

Stu.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

I have 15 months sobriety. I do not want to see or watch any alkies in real or on TV. It is too painful and disgusting. It is awful disease, isn't it? Selfish, emotion roller coaster, no responsibility, cheat, lie. I know I am still alkie even I quit drink.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it is heartbreaking to see. I am very happy to be sober today too. I realized when I went out a few week ago to a music festival what a relief it was to not have any anxiety of over-doing it, but when I saw people who were potentially over doing it I had that similar feeling go out to them & that's when I realized that I do not carry that heaviness anymore. That's a great feeling, but still horrible seeing others, because I remember exactly how that lifestyle was & the uncertainty of the insanity.