Notices

Ok i will do it.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok i will do it.

Hello new here after reading your posts I have decided to give up smoking. I wanted to quit for a bit now and with the help of you guys i think i can do it.

I have 9 smokes left and after that am done for, I never tried to give up before so im a first timer and i drink also so its going to be hard, no one said it would be easy. I try and update you guys on how am doing maybe it will help someone in the long run.

Wish me luck.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey good for you! And welcome as well.

I quit close to two weeks ago myself and trust me if I can quit then ANYBODY can quit! Because I never thought I would ever be able to quit.

Just take it slow and when you get a urge to smoke then just tell yourself your not going to smoke right at that minute, then before you know it the urge passes and you go from there.

Best of luck to ya and post back on how your doing each day.

Steve
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smoking my last one right now and then no more for me ever again. I smoke about 14 a day and am going to do it "cold turkey". So this is the start of a new life without smokes Friday will be the worst when am drinking a lot and with friends that smoke.

But i will do it i really want to give up, just out of interest how long did you guys smoke for? i been smoking for 6 years.

See you in hell smokes.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Curse - YOU CAN DOOOOO IT!! Just make the next pack you buy a pack of gum

I have been continually smoking and quitting for 20 years (I cried a little when I just did that horrid math). But no time like the present; I was just done (once I stopped drinking it became kind of pointless, if that makes any sense).

Glad that you are deciding to do this now!!! We are here for you.

Best,

Pork
Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was a pack to a pack & a half smoker for about 17 years. Started when I turned legal drinking age (21) because it seemed to go so natural with drinking. I have tried to quit probably 50 times in the past 5 years but this time I feel I have it set in my mind that this is it.

Steve
Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is going to be harder than I thought its only been a few hours and am getting cravings like mad.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"Curse"....go to this link WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource and read a few of the stories on the upper left side, then tell me if reading about those people didn't help curve your craving Because that's what's in store for us if we keep smoking.

You can do it. Don't think about not smoking for the rest of your life, just think about not smoking for the next hour, or next 5 mins, whatever helps you to get past it. The urge will pass soon enough.

Steve
Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day one no smokes, its been the strangest day so many mixed feelings anger, hungry, low on energy and trouble sleeping. Thanks for the website daywalker more reason for me to quit.

I found one thing that really helps, lollypops it keeps the hands busy and it really makes those cravings go away.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Try toothpicks as well. Sometimes when I get the hand to mouth feelings putting a toothpick in my mouth and playin around with it some helped to satisfy the hand to mouth thing as well.

Steve
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2, it wasn't that bad today its getting easier with each day nearly give in once but didn't touch anything.

Tomorrow be the biggest test when am around friends who smoke.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Curse just be prepared with gum, candy, tooth picks or whatever helps you. I say that because Day 3 was always my biggest test because the new'ness of day one has worn off and your realizing at day 3 what you have committed too. So just be prepared so you don't slip up.

Best of luck

Steve
Old 07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 3, I made it still haven't smoked and thank you daywalker your really helping me here.
my friends don't think am going to do it.

I know I can do it I will do it.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 4 was better haven't had a craving all day.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 5 and i think am past it all i don't smoke had no cravings but i have been sick when i wake up.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 6, feel great today am starting to smell and taste things better.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Curse, bravo!!! I'm seriously impressed. Hoping to mirror this thread after the 15th since that's my quit date. Nice job!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 7, yay i been a whole week without a smoke and its been the weirdest week of my life.
The biggest problem i had this week is my sleeping first i cant sleep then i sleep for an hour or so and when i do fall asleep i still feel tired all day.

Am so happy I did this i only have about one or two small cravings a day now, one step closer to sorting my life out. And good luck to you binder we all be here to help you out if you need it.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Curse!! I am very impressed and so proud of you!! Great job.
Today is 3 weeks for me. Now it seems like I never smoked!! Weird how you can just forget.
Keep up the good work.

Binder - you can do it too!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by porkchopped View Post
Curse!! I am very impressed and so proud of you!! Great job.
Today is 3 weeks for me. Now it seems like I never smoked!! Weird how you can just forget.
Keep up the good work.

Binder - you can do it too!!!
porkchopped, thanks heaps on the confidence boost. I will need it for sure coming up, since tomorrow is supposed to be my quit day.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I never felt more healthy, posting here helped me a lot thanks to everyone here I don't think I couldn't have done it without your help.

You can do it binder I wish you luck, try to keep busy so you dont think about it much.