Notices

Back again

Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Hey everyone. I am back again... I failed in my first attempt after 15 days sober. I thought that I could just drink less.. and I did for about a week. But here I am again getting drunk every other night, making excuses for myself.

The catalyst, however, for coming back here and finding accountability, is that I did the stupidest thing ever. I am REALLY ashamed about it. I got wasted the night before a math final and woke up still drunk and took the test anyway. I looked like a hot mess, obviously. I just checked my grades for the term and somehow kept my A in the class, thankfully.

I just can't believe I did something that stupid!

Anyway, here I am, day one, again.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I am back again... I failed in my first attempt after 15 days sober. I thought that I could just drink less.. and I did for about a week. But here I am again getting drunk every other night, making excuses for myself.
Isnt that always the way... been there sooo many times. Thought I could control it and it worked for a few weeks but slowly ends up back with a vengance and usually worse than before.

I for one, am SICK of trying to control the drinking... its not worth the hassle.

Welcome back!!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there,
Don't be so hard on yourself I just relapsed myself...it happens. Are you in college and if so which one if u don't mind me asking? I just graduated myself.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It so easy to just want to give up...it's like enough already!!! I totally get that feeling
Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh and back up the bus.... wait a minute... you are getting As in Math... good for you!!!

If you can get As on math exams half drunk... imagine what you could do sober!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shelly009 View Post
Oh and back up the bus.... wait a minute... you are getting As in Math... good for you!!!

If you can get As on math exams half drunk... imagine what you could do sober!
Thanks! And you are SO right! I am wasting a lot of potential being a drunk. So, that's why I'm not going to drink tonight.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gallery007 View Post
Hey there,
Don't be so hard on yourself I just relapsed myself...it happens. Are you in college and if so which one if u don't mind me asking? I just graduated myself.
Right now I am finishing up at the community college - I will be transferring to Portland State in the winter!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back littlechicklet

I know I'm much happier now my days of checking to see if I can drink moderately are over...I hope you will be too

D
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're back! Taking a math test hungover - now that's a miserable morning! I'm with shelly: it's such a hassle to try to drink moderately. Not to mention that it doesn't even work!

Hang in there - you can do it this time!