Notices

For What its Worth!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For What its Worth!

Breaking addiction is no small feat, but I'm sure the people who have been somewhat successful are much more aware of this than me. I have addictions other than illegal drugs or alcohol, and have some personal improvements within my inventory that should be addressed.

To the moderately successful, I personally applaud your accomplishment. Yeah, that and $5 will buy coffee at Starbucks, so I drink the Kroger brand coffee. Most of all I applaud you for wanting better for yourself. As a family member associated with alcoholism, I know it hurts the family too. I'm sure there are personal stories of loss as a result of alcoholism or addiction to each of you.

I especially feel angry with my Dad for not trying to fight the demon of alcohol. This is the person that chastised me as a younger man for not wanting more, and I suppose it devalues accomplishment to me.

Encouragement is my prayer for you that you will beat this demon completely. I pray for each of you whether I know you or not for the strength to continue the good fight.