Notices

Three differences from real world

Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Lightbulb Three differences from real world

I am curious that SR is slightly difference from real world. First of all, there are more friends and family population than alcoholics and addicts here. I know one alcoholics products more than three or four victims. But AA meeting is much bigger than Al-Anon meeting. I think population here is different from real world. Secondly, there are much younger people here. It might be because internet access is more popular in young people than elders. Last one is that relatively high bottom people can attend here. Because of the information of the internet, we are survived relatively early stage of abuse than non internet people.

My speculation is not sure. I think there may be more differences exist. Give me your idea!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

I actually came across this site, via one from our church, i had no idea there was such a forum and boy i am glad i found it, because not all of us are able to go to these meetings and having a code name makes it much easier to say what we really feel like saying. I am sure there are more family of alcoholics on here because the A actually doesnt want to be the one with the problem. Nice thread, thanks.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am not sure how you came to your conclusions, however, I do know that there are quite a few that post on the Friends and Family forums that are ALSO sober and clean, DOUBLE WINNERS so to speak, lol I am just one of them.

In reality I do believe we have more alcoholics and addicts posting than we do friends and family.

Now maybe the F&F post MORE, but is it many of the same folks giving their ES&H on the different threads.

With alkies and addicts, many of them seem to be like me, I post on the alcoholism forums and once in a while in the newcomers, and I do believe I see addicts doing the same thing.

Doesn't matter really. This is a very ACTIVE site with lots and lots of GREAT ES&H and lots of folks that CARE.

J M H O

Keep Coming Back!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-10-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ninja: i Found This Site By "Accident" it Has Been a Great Tool in My Recovery.. i Guess Some People May See it As Not As Good As Real Face To Face Meetings.. i Also Need Those.. But.. SR is Also Important To Me!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by mamm View Post
i am glad i found it, because not all of us are able to go to these meetings and having a code name makes it much easier to say what we really feel like saying.
Internet forum is much more accessible with more anonymity than real meeting. It makes also the difference between internet and real meeting.