Notices

Realesed from detox working on day 3 with legal woes

Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Realesed from detox working on day 3 with legal woes

My last night of drinking, was a sure sign of def. complety quitting drugs and alcohol. I am going to my conusler on thursday to decide the best plan with my mental/drug/alcohol problems. I am leaning towards impatient most likley. Due to the fact of my untaken care of mental issues. Need to get my meds right and my life back on track. The night I was admitted to the hospital I had a BAC.672 and had three tickets of dischare of a firearm(accident showing the neighbor, drunk and disordley conduct+ firearm disc., and minor in possesion. I did not go to jail but voulntary accepted treatment. So maybee it is a blessing in disquise, but I am scared to death. They took the evidence of gun, bullet etc... The detective told me I shouldn't go to jail, but will have plenty of other stuff and fines to do. The detective told me what I was doing would look better in court. That is not the reason I went and am doing this. I am doing this to finally have a life, haven't had a life in 6 years. Kind of pathetic only being 20. Just figured I would vent. sorry for the long post. Thanks for any advice, my mind is going a million miles a min.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

308, I remember you. I'm glad you are picturing a better path that is available for you. Stay on track, do it for you.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you've decided to give up drinking. I hope your life gets more manageable in the near future. Put your sobriety first and take good care of yourself. :ghug3
Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad that you are seeking support for your addiction and your mental issues.

You are doing the right thing!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
totfit

At least "only being 20" you will have a long sober life to make up for six lost years, if.......
You can make this decision for abstinence and never back up many people do. I assure you it will prevent many bad chapters that could come later in your life.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

WOW you are so young, please do it now. You have been given a great oppertunity of the treatment and detox, even for a few days, I am dying for it, cant afford it, and dont want to say I am suicidal or something to be admitted on a 72 hour hold or go the arrested route for sure for all of the reasons you mentioned.
Good luck to you, get you life back and enjoy!
<3 Dream
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back 308win...I think voluntarily accepting treatment was a great decision.

I know it's scary, but so is what we do to ourselves when we're drunk and out of control - I hope this can be your turning point

D
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the kind replys. Finally got to sleep soundly for a couple hours anyway. Still getting the whole cold with the sweats, muscle twitching, shaking etc. Getting ready to try calling the GaAA number, and find out about some local meetings. Also been looking at all the impaitent programs around. Cannot wait till thurs. to talk to my counsler and figure this out. ecspecially since everyone keeps on asking me about my plan, I just say; Right now its going min by min. I guess its just too much for my mind to handle.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dream2bClean View Post
I am dying for it, cant afford it, and dont want to say I am suicidal or something to be admitted on a 72 hour hold or go the arrested route for sure for all of the reasons you mentioned.
Good luck to you, get you life back and enjoy!
<3 Dream
Thanks! I see your from Atlanta also. I don't have any insurance or funds either. But recentley found out in Ga, they have to take you. Then the state hospitals offer a sliding scale on a payment plan. I think they could of kept me as long as they wanted seeing that my room had a solid steel door and a role down door to keep away from all the cords and stuff. Thank god, the didn't lock it all up, That would have been a mental meltdown for me.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Originally Posted by 308win View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind replys. Finally got to sleep soundly for a couple hours anyway. Still getting the whole cold with the sweats, muscle twitching, shaking etc. Getting ready to try calling the GaAA number, and find out about some local meetings. Also been looking at all the impaitent programs around. Cannot wait till thurs. to talk to my counsler and figure this out. ecspecially since everyone keeps on asking me about my plan, I just say; Right now its going min by min. I guess its just too much for my mind to handle.
Since you're still going through withdrawals, I'd like to suggest calling your local hospitals that have the mixed detox/inpatient type programs, that way, you can have the calming sense that your health is in the concerned hands of doctors that can tell you if one withdrawal symptom, or all of them, need better care than you can give at home or would get at a normal residency inpatient facility.

I had been detoxing on my own for 24 hours before I couldn't take it anymore and turned myself into the ER telling them I was going through withdrawals and I thought I might need medical assistance to keep safe (blood pressure stuff worries me... and I'm only 26!). I can't even begin to explain what a blessing it was to be in that environment for my first 10 days sober.

Just my 2 cents

I wish you all the best, you crazy youngin', and take as much care as you can. Now is the perfect time to indulge in long naps, hot baths/showers, and little treats of comfort food.

Blessed be,
WW
Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((308win))) Though I'm on the south side of Atlanta, and I don't know much about the detox programs, I do know a little about the legal stuff, unfortunately. I was on probation in Fulton County for a while, among other counties (I moved a few times) and they were the BEST county I worked with. As long as you are working recovery, doing the best and follow their rules, they will work with you. Don't know if that's the county you're in...you can pm me if you want...I'm familiar with a few other counties.

Basically, I was a first offender, as I didn't have a previous criminal record and because I did what I was supposed to, I was released from probation 16 months early, and have no felony on my record.

We obviously don't know what will happen with you, but just wanted you to know that if you go in there with a the attitude that "yep, I messed up, I have a problem and this is what I'm doing to take care of it"....I NEVER had a PO (in 3 counties) NOT work with me and support me. My recovery showed by my actions...I think that means more than anything.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Impurfect, I sent you a pm.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

All the best 308. I am glad to see that you are seeking help. Know that we are here for support. Hang in there and do it min by min and hour by hour my friend.