Meow

Old 10-08-2003, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
a work in progress

Meow

OK.. I've gone and done it now...close the curtains, lock the door, if you see a big burly man coming up the walkway, let me know.
Is everything secure? No suspicious "landlord" types hovering about?
Alright.. now I'll show you... but keep a lid on it.. and Ann... it's all your fault LOL
Here she is... meet Smokey... my new kitten. I really did debate naming her Codie, but she's far to independant(like all cats) and the kids just didn't think "Indie" suited her.
She's about 9 1/2 weeks old, been here a week and a half and she's totally fearless. My poor dog is equally terrified and enthralled with her. Smokey loves her though and loves to rub against Taffy while she's eating just to watch the show it creates. Picture this: Dog innocently at her dish, eating her dinner, kitten hears the crunching, knows her favorite play toy is in the house and runs to greet her. Dog glances at her and keeps eating, kitten demands attention by standing UNDER the dog. Dog stops eating, looks under herself to see kitten and slowly and with some trepidition, shifts to one side and steps carefully over the kitten, scene repeats over and over until Dog gives up and waits until kitten decides to go have a nap.
She's just the cutest little thing, I'm not sure what to call her tho, as in a breed of cat, she's like a calico tabby, I suppose, light grey and orange tabby markings on a cream coloured coat. There were 6 of them in the pet store and she just caught my eye the minute I saw her, sound asleep without a care. She does enjoy her sleep and has decided one nook in my desk is just perfect for it while I'm pounding on the keys.
Hoping my landlord doesn't find out for a while.. at least until I can teach her to cuddle on command HA HA.. yeah right!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think smokey is a wonderful name. Congrats on your new kitty!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 10-08-2003, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
a work in progress

thank you Smoke... btw.. I shortened her name to Smoke and think of you every time I call her lol