Notices

Crushing the Addiction.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BKP

Smile Crushing the Addiction.

As many stuggle with the question Am I an Alcoholic or just a heavy drinker. The difference is do you want to continue struggling to find the answer. NO!! I am glad the support on this website is what it is, informative, helpful and positive. I have had many moments of anger, frustration, confusion and unkempt feelings but stayed strong to myself, my sponser and those in my AA group. Don't give in to this vicious disease. As they taught me in AA a while ago I have an addiction that doesn't know I have an addiction. Going to meetings does work for me, talking, exercising and releasing this burdon is the best key in success and one min, on hour on day at a time is the crucial opportunity to Crushing this horrific addiction. Keep coming back when you can this will be a life changing opportunity to believe in a better life and a light at the end of this tunnel. Thanks and I hope to be more active once again on this website.
When I got my 1 year chip i knew it works, and im going for more.

Thanks yall
Bryan~
Old 05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

I hope you do get more active on SR again Bryan, you seem to have a lot of experience many people like me can benefit from. I look forward to reading more.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your one year chip Bryan!

I can't really see the argument on heavy drinker vs alcoholic as my mother desperately tried to help me when i was younger and since then i was under no disillusion that i was an alcoholic and would admit it if prompted...but it took me many years to actually accept that though!

You are right though the addiction does convince us we don't have it lol i can remember thinking cmon if you really were an alcoholic you would be living on a bench and have no money and then having another voice say hmmm that doesn't sound right...whatever have another drink...ok then...insane hey?!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice one on 1 year sober! Awesome achievement!

I am grateful for my acceptance of my alcoholism. Fundamentally it's what keeps my recovery/sobriety happy and grateful. I think this is especially the case being young.

Unless that you 100% know, without any shadow of a doubt that you're definately an alkie in your 20's, then I can't see how you're not eventually either going to go insane or just end up drinking again. After all why wouldn't you? Literally everybody else is! Certainly in England.

But I know that I did not wish to drink like those civilised people! LOL. I was a blackout, messy alcoholic! Still would be untill the day I die if I ever took that first drink again. That would never change.

Grateful to be sober!! Grateful to be on the path that I'm on!

Increase The Peace
Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 1 year chip! I bet that made you proud as it should have. Thanks for your post too. I am sure it will help a lot of people coming into these rooms.