Notices

time to quit

Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time to quit

Today is a new day for me. I'm determined to quit the alcohol and drug abuse. And the cigarettes and dip have to go too. I'm extremely addicted to nicotine and will get it any way I can. I've even gotten hooked on nicotine gum. Later today I know I'm going to want to chew through a car door but I'm going to do it this time!

Any advice is greatly welcomed!

GC
Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Congrats on taking the steps to become free from nicotine.
A few things that helped me. Check out Whyquit.com there is a great free downloadable .pdf book as well as other awesome articles that helped me.

Check out a local nicotine anonymous meeting, they are really awesome!
There is a meeting directory at there website Nicotine Anonymous - A 12 Step Program offering support to those who want to stop all forms of tobacco and nicotine addiction. Formerly smokers anonymous.

Drink lots of water as well as pure fruit juice for the first couple days of the quit. Take lots of walks, take the stairs instead of the elevators or escalators, get the body moving.

Take deep breaths, treat yourself to a massage or a movie with the money you save. One breath at a time we can totally do this. It is not as hard as we may think it is. We are much stronger then a stick of a cigarette or a wad of chew. We need to take our power back from the drug of Nicotine and reastablish a new life of ourselves free from the bondages of slavery to nicotine. It is a incredible life that keeps us healthier, smelling fresher, breathing deeper, more attractive to others, keep our skin healthier, etc. etc. We begin to enjoy the effects of giving up cigarettes and nicotine immediately.
Congrats again!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a helpful and encouraging reply. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

My Pleasure I cannot wait to hear about your experiences, one breath at a time we can totally do this!