Notices

Update...

Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

Post Update...

Hi everyone.. I am here to update on my 'not.' smoking.. it has been.. gosh.. going for the 8 month mark, no smoking!!!!!!.. I even have no 'reason' to NOT smoke, besides my own need to be smoke free. I originally quit for the sexy kisses from my BF (new, non addictive person). and now.. that bf is gone (2 weeks) and I didn't fall.. I kept it with the no smoking.. because I AM WORTH IT!.. to heck with him.. ;-)

I hope everyone is doing great with the no smoking.

I did quit cold turkey.. so, if I can do it.. so can any of you. I did gain about 20 lbs, but I am taking it off.. just about lost it all..

Good luck..
Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Freebird....I'm at the 4 1/2 months smoke free mark now myself. Very proud of myself and proud of you too! Boy, I still get cravings every now and again..when I least expect it. But...I know if i pick it up..im going back so I dont! I, too, gained some weight and my metabolism has really plummeted...but Im working on that. Keep up the great work!
Old 04-24-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

puddinface... wow, very awesome! I am proud of you!.. It is so hard!!. I had gained that weight too, and then I looked and said, wait.. this isn't what I want, I want to be unique not the same case study of .. look she quit smoking and gained all that weight.. I want people to say.. wow, you CAN quit and STILL keep your shape.. or even look better.. (I walk 10 miles a day... +/-) Keep on the no smoking trail.. it is life saving.,. life changing..

btw, your screen name made me burst out in tears.. we use to call my grandson puddinface.. he was killed 2 years ago in a car accident.. he was 7.. but, it gave me good memories of a beautiful baby boy... with....chocolate all over his face...
Old 04-25-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
gmc

Congratulations on 8 months! That is excellent! And inspiring!

I am sorry for your loss 2 years ago though ... I, honestly, am at a loss for words. I will just leave it I am sorry...

And/But 4 1/2 months is also inspiring for me! Congratulations to you, too!

Tonight at 9:15 pm is 14 days no smoking for me. I am soooo excited to hit that mark! That is my first personal milestone.

Thanks for sharing, guys!

Gabby
Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gabby.. thank you.. and thank you for sharing. I am having a meltdown today and feel like reaching for a smoke.. yeah, dumb. .I am holding off.. keeping my mind on other things.. emo stress really eats me up..

It's worth not smoking.. even minus the kisses..
Old 04-30-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Freebird....first of all..I have to say..I am so sorry for the loss of your grandbaby. I can't even imagine your pain. What a wonderful story about how you called him the name Puddinface. The story behind my name "Puddinface" was that it is what my father used to call me when I was a little girl. My father was an alcoholic that I was terrified of and as I grew older..we had no relationship. It always made me so sad that I didnt have a loving relationship with him. I only had a few happy memories of him, and him calling me puddinface was one of them. Ironic that I picked that for my screen name..LOL. Keep up the great work with the smoking. I'm happy to report that I have joined the gym and am taking kickboxing and zumba classes. I am starting to drop some weight...which is really great! It also is helping my energy level as well. Hugs to you!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

GMC.....14 days...leads to 28 days...and before you know it..you will be saying its 6 months!!! Keep going strong!! Every time I get a craving...I just think to myself...DONT DO IT!! If I can do this for 5 months...i can keep going. So proud of you!!!! Keep up the great work!