Notices

Checking in

Old 04-18-2010, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

Haven't posted in a few weeks, have been busy with AA meetings! I have a sponsor and am doing pretty good, all things considered. 20 days sober, wow, it is the most wonderful feeling and can only get better. Every day I give thanks, listen to the words of others in the meetings and am grateful to be there.

I am going through so much change at this time, I am humbled by the experience. I have so much work to do, but right now I am facing it one day at a time, certainly helps with the panic attacks and lets me put things into a manageable perspective. I am not so overwhelmed with the simple act of living in sobriety each day. Discovering things about myself that were well hidden by the alcohol.

Alcohol, I always thought it my best friend, but am discovering that it has been my worst enemy.

I want to thank all of you posters who kept me going when I had no place else to turn. Those first weeks were so tough and I would not have probably made it if it weren't for the hours spent here in the rooms of SR reading, reading and reading. SR has been a fundamental instrument in helping me continue with my sobriety.

Thank you and everyone please be strong, help is here, on SR, in AA (or both!) or where ever you may choose to find your support. I couldn't have gotten this far without the support of like-minded alkies like myself. Every story is different, yet the same.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update LifeIs
Glad to hear it's all going well

D
Old 04-18-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sobriety means a lot of change. I'm glad you're able to make those changes and are feeling better every day.