Notices

16 Days Sober :)

Old 03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

16 Days Sober :)

Hi
Just wanted to tell everyone I have not drank in 16 days and feel amazing. I drank about 3-4 times a week usually a bottle of wine per night or more. I can't tell you how amazing I feel! I wake up every morning wanting to attack the day instead of wanking up feeling depressed and guilty. My head is so clear and I have not had one anxiety issue since. The one thing I'm having trouble with is my friends call and want to go out and have drinks. I have no desire to do that anymore, I'm 41 years old and Im looking for a better quality of life. I guess I need to surround myself with new friends? Ok...just to let everyone know....
I feel Great and hope I will attract better things and positive people in my life.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great and I'm glad you're doing so well!

And, yes, many things have to change in early recovery and sometimes that includes friends.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 16 days. Good for you.

Don't know how close these friends who are calling are to you. A simple 'I stopped drinking' would suffice in declining the invite - it takes a little getting used to, especially if people try to coax you into 'just having one' or aren't supportive - in which case, would you want to be hanging out with them anyway?

Best to find sober people to hook up with, especially in early sobriety. Do you go to meetings? I know AA isn't for everybody but it's one place where you're sure to find people on the recovery path.

My life in recovery and hanging out with sober people is sooo amazing. It's a new way of living but so worth it as you've already experienced with waking up clear-headed - I love that!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome! Lots of good things to learn from at SR!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks so much. Such a different life ahead of me. I really thought that drinking helped me and it actually does the opposite! It can destroy YOU.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Be careful...sober thinking....will keep you sober!