Notices

Day 11

Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Ok day 11 and when i wake up i feel good exercise go through normal daily routine think im fine as evening comes on i get nervous pins and neddles feeling arms every where really mind starts racing alot of IBS symptoms which may be from vitamins seems like lots of anxiety feel tired at night but hard to sleep .should be asleep right now .talked to my brother which is as heavy drinker as i to my suprise hes been thinking alot says wants to try to slow down. This made me feel more confident.He talked about as you get older we need to take better care of ourselfs I agree since I turn 33 on the 18th and he is 34 we are very close. His wife is also heavy drinker so iwould say it will be a diffrent situation my wife never drinks could care less about it Wasnt sure how he would react I no I should be concentrated on me but we share the same friends most of the time were together not every day but a couple times a week im rambling sorry but he said he respects it. This seems to help just rambling ANXIETY is extreme I hope it gets better
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Scammy,
It does get better! I am nearly four weeks down and for the 1st three weeks had really bad anxiety and the symptoms that you describe, tingling arms and feet, even my head would feel tingly! Week 4 for me has been better, I have had the odd bout of anxiety but its more managable now.. Keep going, I was expecing to feel 'normal' after just a few days but I realized that after five years of heavy drinking my body wouldnt heal in like a week!
Well done for getting to day 11, keep taking Vit B if you not already as that did help me a bit..
P
Old 03-03-2010, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks taking milk thistle multivitamin and b 12 still up wiyh anxiety
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scamy I've always been an anxious person even before the drinking and stopping. I'm on day 10 myself so we're right about in the same spot. I just try my best not to let my mind slip to worrying as hard as it sounds. Even so it's there last night I had a panic attack literally out of no where.

Myself I'm especially anxious because of these dull liver pains I've had for a good two weeks now (they started while I was drinking). I'm just kind of rambling myself here but maybe if it continues consider talking to your doctor about it but hopefully it will pass.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

.ramble on! it's good for the anxiety...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I find that as the days tick by with being sober (Day 17 for me), I am LESS anxious and worried, I have issues and problems by the bucketful, but if my head is clear, so is my thought process and nothing seems to be as big a deal...I am *famous* for making mountains out of molehills, but I do feel much more calm and in control of situations now that I'm sober....

i hope that comes for you too.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

day 12 still about the same as yesterday anxiety sucks IBS symptom ect Not getting much sleep I cant figure out if im sick a little or extreme anxiety I keep telling my self it takes time stay positive felt pretty good a couple of days ago maybe i just need a vaction hun
Old 03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome!

Anxiety....my old friend. Disappeared when I got sober!

You're doing Great!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Trying to keep being positive thinking about all the sundays I woke up sick feeling guilty about all I drank it was always the last time looking at all the empty bottles made me sick but when i feel better i did it again thinking ill just have a few yeah right after last weekend i thought i hadit whooped i tell you this tomorrow is friday i dont even want anything to drink it makes me sick to think about it. iwonder how long till this part passes id rather feel this than to kill myself drinking for nothing nothing at all something that makes you so sick but you love so much
Old 03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Scamy, all i can tell you is that every day I feel a little bit better...(I'm on Day 17)...did you try a little candy? it might help your stomach...IBS is NO FUN....drink a lot of water, tea whatever to stay hydrated... I also take milk thistle and a liver anti-oxidant and 2 separate doses of a B complex (AM and PM)..i get the vitamins and supplements in a capsule form that doesn't upset my stomach and dissolves easier. (procaps labs.com) they are all standardized and have good quality control.

after about 12-13 days I was fortunate enough to start sleeping 6-7 hours a night, when I have had terrible insomnia for YEARS...this is a really big deal for me...I have about 5X more energy these days too.

take care.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Dear Scammy,
If its any consolation you are not alone!
I am an anxious person head going round and round yesterday,today, what if tomorrow? Much worse after picking up drink again (now day 2) anxiety +++
Oh dear why do we poison ourselves and for what?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Scamy,
Just a thought on the IBS...I have been eating a cup of yogurt each day to replace the yeast cultures I am no longer getting from the beer. I did this based on my interpretation of what I know about yeast, not a medical recommendation. I have had no tummy troubles like IBS at all. I might just be lucky, but it might be worth looking into.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You might want to see your doctor just to make sure
what is causeing you discomfort.....
Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Smile Day 13

Could have been some kinda of gastro virus well you i havnt been able to sleep much well last night I layed on the coach watching the SEC girls tourny well next thing Iknow I woke up to the alarm clock I just crashed I feel good so far this morning after much needed 10 hours of sleep I decided for a long week end its friday but I have plenty to keep me busy my daughter and sons have basketball after they have children coming home to stay like most weekends probably take them for pizza watch SEC games on DVR eat junk food ect if my stomach still feels good SO its kinda up and down I guess this weekend should but I dont no im sure it will have its moments yesterday was hard out of nowhere was just but today is a new day so day day 13 looking better so far
Old 03-05-2010, 04:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

sorry about word gaps my mind got ahead of me
Old 03-05-2010, 04:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

congrats! it will get better, keep busy, try to do something different to form a new enjoyable activity for being sober.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Still going good
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

after midnight still doing good little anxiety i guess its day 14 now little abdominal pais every once and awhile but still positive
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Stay positive...you're doing so great Day 14 for me too...as of 20 minutes ago.