Notices

Thinking about all the boneheaded things I've done

Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
at peace

Thinking about all the boneheaded things I've done

I was thinking how many stupid things do I have to do before I make a serious sustained effort to stop? I mean pull out the stops, do whatever it takes to stop drinking...and stop for good? Most if not all the trouble i've gotten into has been while drunk and directely related to drinking....
Old 03-05-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Like you, I've come to the conclusion that drinking is simply a waste of time, money and self. After kidding myself for past five years, I've finally accepted that I have to make some BIG changes to get away.......... and that means wholesale change in lifestyle and outlook.....
Old 03-05-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
11/11/07

When you're done digging your hole, let me know and I'll find some friends and we'll get a ladder and get you out, you just need to let us know when you're done digging...
Old 03-05-2010, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
at peace

Originally Posted by Cantonian View Post
you just need to let us know when you're done digging...
OK, I'm done. I've started to dig out somewhat (going on sixth sober day) but could use all the help I can get. Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
11/11/07

Awesome! Do you have a program of recovery?
My sponsor always says " Every day I'm either moving closer to taking a drink or away from taking a drink" What are you doing to move away from the next drink?
peace!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
at peace

No program as in going to meetings as of yet. I've kept myself busy with excercise and my photography hobby. Joined this forum and so far I think it's a big help. I've got my smoking addiction under control so now moving onto removing alcohol from the list.

I've been to meetings in the past and they helped to a point. I don't mean to knock meetings as I know they've helped alot of people but after a certian point I just got depressed listening to sad story after sad story. Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach..not sure regarding meetings.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
11/11/07

If you're not into the lead meetings ( where they tell stories) try to find some 12 step and Big Book meetings. Try to keep an open mind and listen to the things that you can identify with, sometimes we can learn from others mistakes, or laugh at our own.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
at peace

I'll look up some big book meetings and 12 step meetings. Didn't know they were separate from lead meetings. Guess I always attended lead meetings. Thanks for the advice.