Checking In

Old 03-01-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Smile Checking In

Hey all! Just thought I would stop by and say hello and give a little up date.

I am still unemployed filed for bankruptcy, just trying to hang in there. I have been without a real job for over 18 months now.

One of my brothers has been clean for about 6 months and the other one is trying to get clean so he don't have to go to prison. Now hopefully my sister will be next on the list.
My H and I have ironed out a few troubles. It is still not perfect by a long shot he tries to stay clean. He is doing better. At least he has a job it is on again off again but it is better than nothing.

I am doing a lot of writing and I am writing a comedy script that I hope to make into a series of videos. It makes me laugh the whole time I am writing it so at least I am laughing about something. Hopefully in doing the production I will be able to make the humor come to life. At least I have something to do....

I think of all of you all the time. We have all been through so much together and I am so glad I have a place here!

Take good care everyone!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Splendra)))

I was about to set out a search party for you and am glad things are going better in your life.

And I hope you will invite us to the premier when your screenplay debuts. I know it will be a big hit and I could sit in the front row and laugh really loud and lead a standing ovation...not that you'll need me to do that, but it would be fun.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Don't be a stranger, we really miss you around here.

Big Hugs
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

(((Splendra)))

You go girl. I hope good things come your way. You deserve them. Who knows, maybe you were meant to write, and a job would have prevented that. HP works in the strangest ways.

I love you my friend
B
Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad to hear from you Splendra and to know that things are getting better. I'm picking out the clothes I want to wear for your opening night too...Something earthy and unique and filled with wonderful character, just like you!

Hope you can find the time to pop inmore often.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanks ya'll for connecting with me. I love you!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I'll be sitting in the front row with Ann.

I try not to drink anything,
so I won't have liquid coming out of my nose.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

stopping in to say hello again. Still breathing and all. Learning the lessons of letting go and the gift that it is.:day6

Still writing, still laughing, and still watching my seeds grow out back.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Best lesson I ever learned: letting go

Glad to see U R finding humor in your situation, no use being miserable and unemployed !
Old 05-08-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Miss you Splendra
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending more "happy spring" hugs and cheering you on.

If your screenplay requires extra characters, I would be happy to dig out my old Audrey Hepburn scarf and could dress up a lady friend who has lips like a moose, and we could be drama queens and bring down the curtain."

Love you lots and miss you
Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

That would be lips like "Angelina Jolie"

Lips like a moose sounds SOOO unattractive.....
Old 05-08-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Cool

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
That would be lips like "Angelina Jolie"

Lips like a moose sounds SOOO unattractive.....
Ya'll are too funny Ah, Moosie you know I love your lips! But,you live a long way off dear I could not afford to transport you or pay you. I will send you an autographed copy of my first show. Oh and I am gonna up load some stuff to my you tube channel soon. But, I could see Angelina play my lead role! That's Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration! I think I will look for an starving artist look alike in my neck of the woods! Budget cuts you know.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Splendra - so great to read your post! I am ready to sit on that front row and laugh too.

Hope that you are continuing to do well! Keep up the writing! I am sending out thoughts that you hit the big time!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Splendra - always associate you with sugar. As in sweet as sugar. Will you give us a glimpse of what's up? If not, that's ok - congrats to you!!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by Callie
Splendra - always associate you with sugar. As in sweet as sugar. Will you give us a glimpse of what's up? If not, that's ok - congrats to you!!
You know I came up with my screen name before splenda came out. I was very disappointed when I found out about it being an artificial sweetener. I am so allergic to artificial sweeteners of all kinds. I try to avoid adding sugar and products that have any sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup(HFCS) all that stuff make me feel sick as a dog. It is getting very difficult to find any packaged food that does not have sugar or some other sweetener in it. Products that do not have it are much more expensive what does that tell ya?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Splendra, we'll figure out our own transportation to the opening gala, trust me. all we need to know is where to be and you'll have that theatre filled with people who love you and love to laugh.

Hope you're continuing to do well. I know how hard it is to be without work, or - worse yet, I think - to be horribly UNDERemployed. It wreaks havoc on the ego and all other parts of life.

Hugs to you.
Cats