Notices

Did you know?

Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did you know?

The Grapevine IS AA conference approved material. Right now, the Grapevine is in danger of being discontinued. It will be discussed at great length at the next General Service Conference in Rye, New York in April. Encourage everyone to subscribe. Donate subscriptions to your local detoxes, jails, libraries, nursing homes, drs. offices, sponcees, friends, laundrymats, etc.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks Whadahay....

I moved your post into it's own thread
so more members will notice it.

First I've hear about the Grapevine grapevine being in trouble.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whadahay View Post
The Grapevine IS AA conference approved material. Right now, the Grapevine is in danger of being discontinued. It will be discussed at great length at the next General Service Conference in Rye, New York in April. Encourage everyone to subscribe. Donate subscriptions to your local detoxes, jails, libraries, nursing homes, drs. offices, sponcees, friends, laundrymats, etc.
Really? Is it because of financial reasons?
Or because the jokes went downhill?
JK
Old 02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's the first I've heard of that too. I personal hope the Grapevine isn't in trouble.

I love that magazine. I get a subscription and read it faithfully. We have a couple of groups in my area that take old grapevines and pass them on to newcomers. I've given away all my grapevines to those groups and my sponsees.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I attended the Area Committee Meetings a couple of weeks ago. Our Delegate had just returned from the Board meetings in New York and the Grapevine is on the top of the Agenda for discussion. Did you know that you can contribute directly to the Grapevine as if it were an entity? Anyway, please encourage everyone to step it up on the subscriptions. They are great - loving - gifts for your friends in recovery. Also for those folks in remote communities that aren't able to get to a meeting.

Also if you have Spanish meetings in your Area, donat subscriptions of Le Vina to those meetings. I am the DCM in my District and I constantly encourage groups and individuals to contribute these subscriptions. I would HATE to ever see this valuable literature end. Our Delegate says that he thinks it'll be done in at least 2 years.

I met the Grapevine Editor at the General Service Forum in our Area a few months ago. She's a hard working intelligent - gracefully humble -woman. AND she works a full time job as well. If you can, e-mail her from the aa.org website and give her some positive feedback. She deserves it!!

Grapevine Subscription form: AA Grapevine Subscriptions