whoa, she was so angry... *her drinking*

Old 02-09-2010, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

whoa, she was so angry... *her drinking*

My mother was semi intoxicated, tellin me all sorts of things about me being in a home someday since I cannot handle a house, how everyone really cannot stand me/etc... wow, has my whole life been a ruse like The Truman Show? Lmao!...
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you have to hear that from your mother. I cant imagine how you must be feeling, mothers are supposed to support you and love you unconditionally. All I can say is its the alcohol talking - been there and done that with an AH. You have to train your brain to ignore it and try not to take it too personally, I know how hard it is though. Is there someone you are close to, who can confirm to you that you are not the person your mother is 'spitting' about. My own daughter gets put down and bullied all the time by her Alcoholic dad but we have each other to lean and I stick up for her when required. She is also seeing a psychotherapist which is really helping her. If you are not already - get some outside help to talk through your feelings and remember, it is not you.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am sorry and want to agree that IT'S NOT YOU she is yelling at. once when my s/o screamed at me, i later said something to him about it, like if the drugs make you just say what is in your mind and heart anyway. he said "no, i was not mad at you, i was mad at myself". i think this is the truth, paulos. can you stay away from her at all? how old are you? are you in school?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There should be a counselor at your school you could go to for support. If not, consider picking a teacher that you trust to share what you're going through. Its important to have an adult that you can trust that understands what you are going through. Its hard work, but try to remember that your mom being unkind to you isn't about you, its about her and it doesn't mean its fair.

How old are you and what grade are you in?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I'm not a young child that's the thing all, I'm 24 years old, she's my guardian so some of the things she says are true... I cannot always go against her as a lot of the time she makes sense, I just did not feel it was right for her to blow up at me out of nowhere like the times in the past she has when she would drink then get mad... today we talked about it but ... it was pretty much the same that I still need to improve in things in life and ... and ugh, I feel like such a loser.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Hey Paulos,

Have you read about alcoholic quacking yet? It helps to think of the big, white AFLAC duck when an active alcoholic starts their raging, blaming, manipulating and lying. Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack...

Agreeing or disagreeing with an alcoholic makes us feel crazy when they start to twist everything we say.

The best response is no response.

Leave the room if you can.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To start, YOU ARE NOT A LOSER! No matter what mean things anyone says. If you don't have anyone telling you how fabulous you are, start telling yourself.

You're 24, okay! Well, that's great because you have more control as an adult. Is she your legal guardian due to a disability or...?
Do you live with her? Do you depend on her and if so, in what way?
Give us some more details so we can understand what you situation is.

Hugs,

wife
Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear Paulos. My mom says really dumb stuff and it still hurts me. I'm 37.
I just gotta say though, you are 24 and you have a whole world in front of you. Find close friends who support you and when this stuff comes out of her mouth, it hurts a bit less.
(hug)