Murphy's law

Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Murphy's law

My daughter has Hep C and some days are good, some are bad. Yesterday morning started bad and it's still rolling. She's really nauseated and a stubborn ass. She and her dad, brother, are all terrible about doctors. They blow off everything until it's past the point of no return. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure so hopefully another ER visit will be avoided.

She got tired of me nagging her, crying why do you have to be so mean! and finally called the doctor. Her appt is this afternoon, 15 minutes before my husband's and my flight out of town for the week (convention). Before she made the call I was already changing my flight for tomorrow, will catch up with my husband and of course he's fine with that. We know she'll be OK once she gets into the doctor and possible ER. This isn't the first go 'round and probably won't be the last.

My husband is the one who mentioned Murphy's Law and I had to shake my head in disgust. I asked him what has gone wrong in your life? and waited for an answer. He thought about it, finally acknowledging nothing has gone wrong in HIS life. Hallelujah, he's getting it!

I'm good with everything too. Normally my daughter would drive herself but we've got snow and ice in my area. I have four wheel drive but she doesn't. She needs my help and I'm able to give it.

Murphy can go to hell and life happens. I'm glad to be a part of it and glad my family is a part of mine, even if they are stubborn asses
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Chino, You really sound likea a good mom and I'd do the same myself. I'd want to go to the convention and enjoy myself and not worry about whats happening at home. Your daughter is lucky and I hope the results are not life threatening...enjoy the covention and I hope your going somewhere warm... Hugs, Bonnie
Old 02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Chino)) - I must be related to you, somewhere down the line because I'm a stubborn ass, too

I'm glad that you were able to reschedule, get your daughter to the dr. with your 4-wheel drive vehicle, and hope that she is on her way to feeling better by the time you join your husband at the convention.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear that life is looking better for you guys. i'm saying a special prayer for your daughter and i pray that you and your husband have the time of your life at your convention.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

She got a round of antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection and another round of phenergan for the nausea (that stuff works fast!). No ER trip because she went in before it got bad like the last time. She thanked me for being mean this morning, getting her moving. I told her there was no way I could leave without her seeing the doc, knowing she would end up dehydrating like before. She really doesn't want another IV either, because that needle is a trigger.

She's learning she can't blow off colds - or anything! - like she used to, because her liver will protest and loudly. She's all stocked up with her meds, food and soup, settled in for the night and already a lot more comfortable.

Nope, no Murphy's Law here. It's all the way it's supposed to be, one day at a time