bewildered

Old 01-27-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bewildered

So I scheduled apt to see a lawyer on Friday. my AH is staying at his mothers house for time being. Not sure what good that is doing. He hasnt shown me hes working on his recovery. This is really painful to watch. I am being a single mom hauling 2 little ones around in the dead of winter, working 50 hours a week, taking care of the house, dogs, ect. So I been following my marriage counlsers advice to hang out with friends. It was fun letting the kids play together. Then last night my AH went on this poem writting mission it appears. I am really thrown by this? Its fairly strange behavior for him. Does he know I am to the end of my rope? or is he really getting better over there without SHOWING me hes physically doing something. Oh I want to believe his words so badly.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My AH never did the 'poem writing mission' but when he was hopped up @ night I would get long, sappy, love filled letters. I bought into them for a long time. He was saying everything that I wanted so desperately to here.

I know he meant them, but as usual his actions always were different than his words. The letters were manipulation - I don't know if he sat down and intentionally thought "I've gotta rope Callie back in", but that's usually what happened.

Does your AH mean the words he's writing? Probably. But what are his ACTIONS showing you. In my experience they're usually different stories completely.

I know what it feels like to have all of the responsibilities thrown on your doorstep. I've done it now for over a year. You know what though? It makes you stronger. It shows you what you're made of. In the end - I'd carried the heaviest part of the load even when he was here and actively using.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

callie is right on. maybe he is feeling desperate. well it's about time he feels consequences of his behavior. ya know, asking for sex and related things may be the only way he can connect with a woman. again, so what. you are in no hurry to figure out what you wanna do with this man, or your marriage. it will be revealed if he's getting better or not.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks so much! Yah totally - I will wait to see his actions! His opiate addiction has been going on for 3 years now. Basically both my kids lives! I am doing it already a single mom even when he is here- right like you said Callie. I am so glad you responded to me . I pray for you and your situation.
As always Coffee- I look forward to your opinions !
Hope you have a wonderful day.
GOD BLESS!